DF150 Propeller shaft stopper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF150 Propeller shaft stopper

There's a part on the propeller shaft, a machined metal sleeve, that fits over the propshaft seal protector. According to the factory service manual, it is called a "stopper", and it appears that this part slides off the shaft after removal of the prop. Below it is a clip and seal protector. I've been trying to get this thing off, but am having no luck. The clip appears to have come loose while I was removing some fishing line that was wrapped around the shaft. Any ideas on the removal of this "stopper"?
    Mike
    μολὼν λαβέ

Well, never mind....... the stopper finally slid off, or I should say, popped off. It's never been off before, so it was tight. I'm able to re-install the clip on the seal protector now, and was able to remove all the fishing line. Looks like the seal itself has two parts. The outer plastic part of the oil seal is a bit chewed up, but the actual neoprene seal itself seems okay. I've ordered the seal anyway, and will see if just replacing the outer plastic part of the seal is possible..... If not, it's going to be a lot bigger job.
    Mike
    μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

I have the same issue....how did you get it to pop off?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X