Fuel Flow Meter for a 08 DF250

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Flow Meter for a 08 DF250

I want to install a fuel flow meter on the dash of my 23' ProLine Sport 2008 DF250. Does anyone recomend a brand of gauge and what it will take to install one.

Floscan Instrument CO, INC. is a company that specializes in aftermarket instruments. They offer several different fuel management systems.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Floscan won't work well

Floscan's flowmeters don't work well with our 4 strokes with dual (low/high pressure) fuel pumps. The flow rate constantly fluctuates between 0 and whatever as the low pressure fuel pump cycles off and on. The total usage is fairly accurate, but the flow gauge is unusable.The Faria fuel management system might work better, since it has the ability to set the sampling interval to show the fuel rate and usage. By setting a long interval, it would compensate for the cycling of the low pressure pump. The Flowscan disclaimer can be read here Floscan Instrument Co. Inc. and the Faria information here http://faria-instruments.com/site_manuals/IS0125e.pdf

And of course, you can always use Suzuki's own SMIS systems and gauges. I use the SMIS adapter to feed data to my Garmin chartplotter via NMEA 2000 network, and readout engine functions from my DF150, including fuel flow and usage.
      Last edited by Harper; 01-05-2012, 12:33 PM.
      Mike
      μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

You can try a Navman. I have the basic model which consists of a gauge with a hot/ground, and a data cable that runs to a sensor installed on your fuel line. You must manually enter the fuel you put in the boat to keep the gauge up to date on current fuel in the boat, and regular calibration is needed, but its simple and easy to install. Just make sure you follow the instructions on where and how to install the sensor, it must be vertical and in a certain place in your fuel system to get the most accuracy out of the unit.

Comment

Working...
        X