DF55 Lost Power at FT 97'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF55 Lost Power at FT 97'

1st run of the season, I started real slow idled for 10 min and slowly brought to half throttle. It hesitated slightly and I thought it would for a 15 yr old 2 stroke. I visually inspect pee hole every 10-15 seconds it was clogged a couple times, I stopped and cleaned until it resumed. Ran for total of 30 min them went to full throttle and after 30 sec I heard a faint noise from motor not a loud pop but neverless it was a noise it went from 4800 rpm down to 2500 it never shut off, I throttled down to idle in gear and headed back to ramp it did not sound normal ran louder and vibrated slightly more than normal on the way back I throttled up a few times but it would not get above 2500-3000 rpm sounding bogged down. Trailered home and hooked to water it cranked fine and ran up almost to 4000 rpm neutral and in gear with no problem. I heard no beap or no warning light. Any help is appreciated.

Run a compression test on engine, check gearcase oil for water or metal in oil.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Compression was all within range 100-115. nothing noticeable in gearoil. What do you think next? Maybe clean carbs. Could it be impeller or thermostat?

Comment

Check spark on all cylinders, would not hurt to replace spark plugs. However fuel can cause similar issues. No likely thermostats.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X