Can Anyone ID this Coil?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Anyone ID this Coil?

I have discovered a damaged coil on my 1995 Suzuki DT25C motor. I am having trouble identifying the proper coil.

The coil in question has Black/Red and Green wire connections which is identified in my Clymer manual as an Ignition Charge Coil. The Suzuki part schematic breakdown uses, I believe, the nomenclature of Coil, Primary (part number 32140-95D10).

However, the diagram on page 233 of the Clymer manual shows the coil in this location as a Battery Charge Coil which is an entirely different coil (Suzuki schematic I believe lists it as Coil, Lighting, part Number 32120-95D20).

So, the wiring identifies it as being an Ignition Charge Coil (Coil, Primary) i.e. black/red and green wires, but the manuals’ diagram labels the coil in this location as the Battery Charge Coil, which may be a labeling mistake in the manual.

However, with the cost of the parts and shipping I would hate to order the wrong coil. So your help would be greatly appreciated identifying the correct coil, by part number if possible, needed. I have attached a photo of the magneto coils, with the needed coil in question being the one under the screw driver.

Can anyone help?
    Attached Files

It is 32140-95D10 COIL, IGNITION MODEL:94~00
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks for the reply. You are the only one, including Suzuki customer service, that would even commit to an answer.

I have ordered the part, from boats.net and hopefully this will smooth the motor out once it is installed.

Comment

Working...
      X