Throttle & shifting issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throttle & shifting issues

Hello all. I experienced some throttle and shifting issues over the weekend on my 2005 225HP motor. Here is the scenario:

While slowing down from plane (around 3000 rpm), the throttle level becomes VERY tight and will not allow me to shift the boat into Neutral without jumping into reverse. This happens after really forcing the level down. I had to cut the engine off in order to free up the lever and allow the motor to be started from the neutral position. After starting, the shift level moves freely as it should until the boat is brought up to speed again and the then the whole process is repeated.

Anyone ever heard of this problem? Thanks in advance.

neutral safety switch, maybe?! had the same thing happen to my starboard engine last week and my marina mechanic said we may have a faulty switch.

Comment

Originally posted by dcnguyen63 View Post
      neutral safety switch, maybe?! had the same thing happen to my starboard engine last week and my marina mechanic said we may have a faulty switch.
      Hopefully that may be the problem. Gonna take it to the shop today and have them check it out. Thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by kmagee View Post
        Hello all. I experienced some throttle and shifting issues over the weekend on my 2005 225HP motor. Here is the scenario:

While slowing down from plane (around 3000 rpm), the throttle level becomes VERY tight and will not allow me to shift the boat into Neutral without jumping into reverse. This happens after really forcing the level down. I had to cut the engine off in order to free up the lever and allow the motor to be started from the neutral position. After starting, the shift level moves freely as it should until the boat is brought up to speed again and the then the whole process is repeated.

Anyone ever heard of this problem? Thanks in advance.
        Well, all it turned out to be was old/sticking throttle cables. She runs perfect now better than ever after replacing them.

Comment

Working...
        X