99 dt 225 no spark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 99 dt 225 no spark

My motor was runny good till i tried to leave the dock now I have no spark .I checked the harness and stop switch and it seems ok. I checked the stator for peak voltage and it is putting out about 40 volts while cranking ,then I checked the cdi output and there is nothing.So my question is , how much voltage am I supposed to be getting out of the stator and if 40 is enough would it be my cdi thats bad. Any help would be apreciated the're killing the stripers out there and I'd hate to miss them all.

Should have 60 or more peak reading volts White/Yellow wire and ground, 135v between Green wire and Black/red wire, 165v from CDI output to coil
    Last edited by boats.net; 05-31-2010, 01:33 PM.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
      Should have 60 or more peak reading volts White/Yellow wire abnd ground, 135v between Green wire and Black/red wire, 165v from CDI output to coil
      Thanks for the info I couldn't find this info anywhere it isn't in my suzuki manual or clymer manual or on the net. I placed an order for a new stator $427 ouch and thats saving over $200 off what my local dealer wanted. Man I love this site. Thanks again

Comment

Working...
      X