Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki Genuine Grease??

Hi All,

Great to have found this forum! Apologie's in advance for a pretty basic question!

I have a DF115 (2003). Can anyone advise if there is a Suzuki genuine grease that comes in a grease gun cartridge? I have purchased the genuine grease that comes in a tube online from Browns Point Marine as it appears to be what is already behind the nipples, and through-out the engine. But I did not find Suzuki Grease Gun cartridges on their website?

I went to a Suzuki rep in Orlando while in the USA (I'm in the Cayman Islands and am "repless" here!) but was told they use "blue" Yamaha grease, then phoned another rep in Miami but my aussie accent and his spanish resulted in him hanging up on me....!

Or, is there a way to pack a grease gun via the tubes? I must be missing something?

Shan

I just read the winterizing article at the top of the forum - which lists Yamaha lube for Suzuki engines, guess that there is not a genuine one via a grease gun cartridge???

Thanks
    Shan

Comment

Well this forum has been about as handy as a wooden frying pan!

Thanks
      Shannon

Comment

one aussie to another aussie just get a marine grease there are plenty out there shell nautilus q/sliver water resistant grease as long as you remember

GREASE IS YOUR FRIEND

any way what the hell you doing in the cayman is half ya luck

As for the forum if you want to know something techincal this is the best site BY fn far you can also order any parts that you want and have them delivered

. Try buying some of these parts in oz at these prices you will get a shock i can assure you

Shannon you from darwin ?
        Last edited by mitch; 05-29-2010, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Hey Mitch,

Thanks for the advise mate, my goal was to try and do the right thing and put in there what was already in there - just to keep things consistant and avoid mixing. In heinsight it probably wasn't genuine grease in there anyhow (but had the look of it). Anyway, picked up some marine grade grease and it's goin in today!

Nothing against the forum Mitch, great to hear this is the place to be, I was just a little frustrated!!!

Stumbled on the Cayman's by accident while surfing for Air Conditioning jobs! Hadn't a clue where it even was, but when I found out you can be in 5000+ feet of tropical water a few hunderd yards from shore I couldn't get my freckle here fast enough. Hooked a little Blue Marlin in the Quinny (yes - an 18ft CC Quinny!!) just yesterday before busting us off!

It's great here for Wahoo in the cooler months and right now as the water warms up they fade away and it's Dolphin time... along with Marlin and Yellowfin (these haven't shown up as much in the last few years). But all can be caught from a tinny!

Not from Darwin Mitch... a Sandgrouper mate ...and a happy Docker's supporter (finally!)

Here's a quick side question if anyone can help... I run my DF115 with the Suzuki designed cloth cowling cover on while in use, it has not appeared to be causing any overheating issues, but was this designed just as a protector when not in use or was it also designed for "in use" as well? It seems breathable around the air intake but I can't seem to find any literature on that...?

Thanks
          Shan

Comment

Shannon as long as the air intake is not covered and engine is getting plenty of air it will be ok

I am also from Perth but have boating interests in Darwin

fish on

Comment

Working...
            X