Dt 150 help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dt 150 help

Hi guys I am at my wits end. Here is the situation last year at the beginning of the season I took out my 1995 dt150 starts right up but rpms won’t go past 2000. Took it to the boat shop got it back with a new high speed fuel filter down to the river still won’t go past 2000 rpms. Back to the boat shop they tell me it must be the ICU so they put on a new one down to the river still won’t go past 2000 had the oil injection removed to see if it was a bad sensor and to make sure the engine was getting oil … Nothing out of money so the boat went back to storage. Spring rolls around new high pressure fuel pump complete cleaning on fuel side except the injectors, new fuel lines, rebuilt low pressure fuel pumps now down to the river and all I get is 1100 rpms? All I can say is HELP!!!

Could have a clogged injector, check fuel pressure. High pressure fuel pump could be lacking the propper pressure. A computer download should help narrow the problem, but would require a suzuki dealer. Check spark and compression on all cylinders.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

thanks for the reply, I have 40 psi at the outlet of the high pressure filter. do you know what pressure I should have at the top of the rail?
      Thanks again!

Comment

That is the proper pressure.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

OK. I have the compressions they are 90,90,90,95,96 & 98. with the oil system removed the lead from the oil flow senson should it be jumped? I have a buzzer once every7 sec. cuold this be a code that the ECU is out again!

Thanks again

Comment

OK. I have the compressions they are 90,90,90,95,96 & 98. with the oil system removed the lead from the oil flow senson should it be jumped? I have a buzzer once every7 sec. could this be a code that the ECU is out again!

Thanks again!

Comment

Most oil sensors can just be disconnected, but you may try jumping the wires to see if code goes away. Unfortunately that is low compression, at minimum should be over 100PSI.
              Regards
              Boats.net
              Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

So with the low compression should I look into a re-ringing? Do you have any idea about the beeeping every 7 seconds?
                Thanks again

Comment

Working...
                X