engine stopping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine stopping

I have a df 140 with about 60 hrs.on it. Today,it shut off twice as I was going at just above idle speed.When i squeezed the bulb,it felt empty,but I was able to pump gas through it.Both times the motor started.This happened about two hours apart and other than that , it ran fine.Earlier this week,I changed the fuel/water separator,but I filled it with gas before I installed it so as not to have air in the fuel line.Could this have anything to do with the motor shutting down?If not,what else might have caused it? The fuel gauge shows about 3/4 full.Thanks.

Yes if gas not getting to engine, Check fuel hoses, filters, fuel pickup in gas tank and fuel pump for restrictions or air leaks.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Engine quits

I have a 2008 DF250. It has started stalling at idle speeds and sometimes on power up. I can always get it started again by squeezing the primer bulb which feels empty. I have repaced the seperator, primer bulb and fuel lines and checked the intake from the fuel tank and it's fine. I have checked all connections for leaks including the fuel filter. I also checked tank vent for clogging but it's ok too. I would really like some suggestions on this problem.
      Thanks

Comment

Sounds like the fuel pump has gone bad.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X