OIL Light 140 - 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OIL Light 140 - 2009

Follow-up post.. I had posted about an intermitten oil light on my boat. I brought the 2009 recently it to a dealer to find out the previous owner only had 16 hours on the motor and 7 where at trolling speed. The dealer told me to beat on it like I stole it to get the motor broke in. I am still concerned about the light. I have full performance all the time, no buzzer no other warnings just the light comes on and off through the RPM ranges expect over 5500 RPMs. The dealer said to ingore it.. Any additional or follow-up comments or has anyone seen this before?

A previous response was to pull the switch and test the pressure, the dealer did not do that but they did put it on the computer which indicated NO errors or codes....

not too sure what your problem is, but any dealer that tells you to ignore an oil light needs his head read.

Comment

Agreed noelm007

Comment

You can't have a "no code" if oil sensor tripped, it sets a code, dealer doesn't see a code then it hasn't happened....makes sense to a point.... if you trust the software(SDS) and ECM completely.....sounds like you have an issue in the harness perhaps or sensor, I would just replace both(low limit and high limit may be on your motor, not sure, may have just the low limit sensor)....it should have set a code even if sensor is bad though....does this happen every time you run it....if so then he should run it with laptop connected and record what happens on data logger. Interesting....

Comment

if you have already tried to reset due to the oil change reminder and that hasnt worked,then run the motor and pull the safety laynard and see if the engine shuts off.if the motor doesnt shut off then you need to replace that safety switch.i just had this happen to a customers boat last week.

Comment

Working...
          X