DF9.9 Water Pump Failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF9.9 Water Pump Failure

I have a 2011 DF9.9 kicker motor that I just bought brand new and after about 10-15 hours the water pump failed. It's on a remote island, with no Suzuki dealers anywhere nearby, so I took the lower unit off and brought it home to diagnose what happened. The best I can tell is that the upper sleeve in the water pump case either broke free or slipped and cut off the water supply at the throat. The entire impeller essentially melted by the time I realized there was an issue. Has anyone else experienced this problem? I've subsequently purchased all of the parts to rebuild the entire unit from scratch, and when I was assembling it I realized that the sleeve must be "glued" in place using "Suzuki Bond 1207B". I thought 1207B was used to make a liquid gasket. Maybe that's why it failed in the first place? Any advice would be helpful. I'll be contacting Suzuki tomorrow to see what they recommend...

It probably came loose from heat generated from impeller running dry.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

So should I use the "Suzuki Bond 1207B" on the outside of the sleeve? Is there a similar product if I can't get the Suzuki brand?

Comment

You can use a similar product if Suzuki is not available to you.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X