Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power loss - DF50

Hi All,
    I have a 2004 DF50......this past spring my engine wouldn't start. My dealer diagnosed the high pressure fuel pump and replaced it.

He suspects it was gummed by e-10. Prior to launch last month I changed the engine oil & filter and replaced the plugs. First outing the engine ran fine top end 6200RPMs but I noticed a small amount of oil dripping on the transom while I was fishing. Wiped up a small amount of oil inside the lower engine compartment. Before going out this past week-end, I checked the oil which was a couple ounces low. Added oil and headed out. When I reached the channel I proceeded to accelerate but couldn't get the engine above 4200rpm. Engine seemed to run pretty smooth with no misses. It did stall a few times when I shifted into gear. Then after restarting it shifted into gear without a problem. Went back to the dock and opened the cover to find oil splashed on the upper part of the engine by the flywheel cover and breather tube. I didn't have tools so I couldn't check the plugs etc. I have an extended warranty on the engine.

I realize it's not a bunch of info to go by......anyone been down this road before?? Possible causesd? Any clues what I'm in for?? My dealer can't even look at it till sometime late next week.

Any help/insight into the problem is greatly appreciated!!!

more info

a friend checked out a few things on the engine yesterday...he said that when he checked the oil level he found that the oil ran off the dipstick and seemed kinda thin. He thinks that gas is mixed in with the oil??

Comment

That would cause the oil level to rise and excess oil would blow out crankcase vent. Need to check fuel pump to see if leaking gas into crankcase.
      Regards
      Boats.net
      Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
        That would cause the oil level to rise and excess oil would blow out crankcase vent. Need to check fuel pump to see if leaking gas into crankcase.
        thanks much!! would the high pressure or low pressure be the likely culprit??

Comment

it's not the low pressure fule pump

Yesterday I pulled the boat......replaced the water separator filter, oil & filter, plugs, and rebuilt the lo pressure fuel pump and replaced the lo pressure fuel filter. I dropped her back in for a test run. I could only get 5800 rpms and after about 15 minutes I started to see oil dripping on the inside transom. It looks like it still blowing oil/smoke out of the crankcase vent hose into the breather intake on the front of the engine. I checked the oil which was below the bottom mark on the dipstick. I added a quart and nursed it back to the slip.

What else can I check?? Any help is appreciated! thx

Comment

Working...
          X