2010 df90atx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 df90atx

i have just purchased and had installed by my local dealer my spankin new 90 just yesturday and went out for the 1st time today , everything was great i was very happy i ran around for about an hour & 30 mins with stops in between everything worked fine
    than i stoped and turned off the engine for about 10 mins i tilted the motor up when the engine was off than when i trie to tilt back down it would only go half way i had to manually lower it the rest of the way to make it back to the dock
    after manually lowering the motor the check engine light & buzzer kept going off

any ideas of what the problem is

ok i have manually lowered the outboard , the switch works fine raising it back up than when tilting back down it stops halfway so i have repeated the steps several times thinking maybe air or something lol wishful thinking
    i have also tried unplugging the sensor and disconnecting all power thinking maybe if it was a sensor problem it may reset
    in the manual it gives directions on setting max tilt up i didnt see anything about down but i followed directions on canceling any max tilt up setting that may have been set still no luck
    1 thing that is odd i didnt initially put in my thread correctly is when i manually lower the outboard all the way down if i turn the key to the on position the check engine light will blinkif i raise the outboard up to about the top of the trim it will stop but at that point is when the motor doesn't want to go back down if i stay in the mid trim range or above the mid tilt range it will work great

Comment

it looks like i have had about 25 views but no suggestion does anyone have any ideas

Comment

problem solved , THANX FOR ALL THE HELP

Comment

Great to see that it has been resolved and hope you enjoy a nice motor like that.

Thats ok no need for the thanks.............i guess the warranty took care of it a new motor you should not touch it might void your warranty................ you did the right thing.

Was it the trim limit switch jammed just asking

Comment

Working...
          X