DT225 stuck in guardian mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT225 stuck in guardian mode

After replacing the stator in my 2002 DT225 (evidently a known problem), the boat ran OK but occasionally would slow down into guardian mode (no faster than 1600 or so RPM). Now it is stuck in guardian mode. There is not a temp alarm as I have replaced the thermostats and a mechanic replaced the water pump, even though it evidently didn't need to be replaced. I have also verified that the oil level is fine. Not sure if this is a related problem or not but when I lower it into the water there is a trace of oil and/or gas that comes from the prop hub.

I haven't yet taken it to a mechanic to slap the computer on it because it's a pain to get it to the ramp, on the trailer, etc, especially at 1500 rpm.

Any suggestions before I haul it in?

I am somewhat tempted to repower and part out this motor before pouring a bunch more money into it. Up to this point, it's been a great motor if you ignore the corrosion just below the cowling.

Are you sure the motor is not hot ............ the fuel in the water is most likely because engine is in limp mode and unburnt fuel . I think that you will have to haul it out or get a sds on it to see what is coded . as that is the quickest way to find the problem.

Comment

If you decide to keep it, I have a 1999 DT225 that melted a piston and I am selling parts.
      Super well maintained with a ton of new parts on it.
      Let me know...

Comment

Hi

Originally posted by Granite Grouper View Post
        If you decide to keep it, I have a 1999 DT225 that melted a piston and I am selling parts.
        Super well maintained with a ton of new parts on it.
        Let me know...
        hey do u have the lower unit?
        if so contact me at 510-672-3434

Comment

guardian mode symptoms

a few replies ago the guardian mode was mentioned......i assume it keeps the motor from going to full power. but how? does it drop cylinders? if so which ones? new to the dt225

thanks in advance

Comment

cuts off spark
            HUMAN-BUILT = HUMAN-FIXED

SWITCHBAIT

Comment

Working...
            X