DF70 Varnish and Fuel Injectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF70 Varnish and Fuel Injectors

I recently purchased a boat from a friend that had been sitting for about a year. It has a 1999 DF70TL on her and she has less than 100 hours of service. For the past two nights I have been attempting to get her running but I have not had any luck. When I opened the VST drain valve and drained the fuel I got a very strong "varnish" smell. So I assume that the entire system is varnished. I just ordered all new filters, fuel pump and pressure regulator in order to fix the problem. Did I miss anything to replace? What do I need to do with the injectors? I was planning to soak them for a few days but do I need to have them serviced? Thanks for your help!
    1999 Suzuki DF70TL

I have been reading good things about Star Tron E10 fuel treatment. I have started using it and it seem to be helping. I was struggling with rough idle and my engine dieing at low idle. A tank of fuel treated with Star Tron seems to have cleaned things up a lot and brought back the idle I was used to.

Comment

sounds like you have ordered to many parts now there is a high pressure filter after the vst so your injectors should be ok ..... i doubt that the fuel pressure reg is needed ........... the main thing will be the high pressure fuel pump.

once you have put it back together fill vst with prime bulb turn key on to pressure fuel system and drain vst again do this a few times make sure that you do not run vst dry as them pumps hate it and they do not give them away.

ohh and do what boneshaker suggested

Comment

Thanks Bone Shaker and Mitch! I did pick up some of the StarTron and will give it a shot. I pulled the injectors and have been soaking them just to be sure. I will replace the Low and High pressure filters along with the fuel pump and put things back and see what happens. If I do not need the requlator than I will just return it.
        1999 Suzuki DF70TL

Comment

don,t miss the little filter on the bottom of the high pressure pump make sure that is clean

Comment

Thanks Mitch, I have replaced the High pressure fuel pump, fuel pump filter, low & high pressure filters and the spark plugs. Now she is purring like a kitten. Thanks for everyones help!
            1999 Suzuki DF70TL

Comment

you are the man

Comment

Working...
              X