Trim motor dramas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trim motor dramas

I have a 2005 df50. Have had dramas with the trim motor. She won't lift the engine on its own nor hold it once it is up. I can hear the motor working, and trying to lift. There is a little cavitation present aswell. I went to a local suzuki dealer for a breakdown of the motor. It was the same as the schematic I was able to bring up on your site. Neither of them show the ram or piston inside the actuator. I have pulled the motor down but I am having difficulty removing the ram and piston. All other parts are ok pump, screen, valve seats etc. As i suspected I am pretty certain that the problem lies with the piston seal. I think it is bypassing. Cause once the load is removed from the motor the ram moves up and down freely. Do you have any advice or no an answer to my problem. Cheers

hi did you check the manual screw before ripping it a part ? make sure that it was tight

Comment

Gday Mitch, Nah didn't check that one. But i did notice it was a little loose. Could this be the cause?

Comment

bugger,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, yep most likely the cause it is there so as you can lower the motor or raise it if the ppt goes on the fritz it is just a oil bypass

Comment

Cheers mate I'll bang it back together this weekend and see how she goes. Any reccomendations on oil?

Comment

Working...
          X