Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 df140 temp. alarm

hello again and sorry for my spelling!
    I had cranked head on my df140 and I fix it, clean everything. When motor is running for few min. great and then temp. alarm goes on. I take down lower unit and put water directly in the tube, start the motor it runs superb in any rpm's. yesterday when I tested motor again in the sea it run superb. today I started motor and after 5 min. temp. alarm goes on.
    impeller is ok and water is running good
    please help!!!

Take your thermostat out and test it operating temp C:58-62 F:136-144

Comment

when I checked, thermostat is open, if i put thermostat in cooler water he is closing.
      Thermostat is new!
      mechanic told me that df140 have some problems with impeller housing.
      my friend have honda 135 with similar problem, he change impeller problem and solve the problem!?
      thank you catacom225for quick replay!

By the way only honda after 4500 hour doesn't have any garbage or salt in water canals and he never wash his honda in fresh water.

Comment

Yesterday, i put my boat in the sea. I start motor and after few minutes temp. alarm goes on. I took it on water in high rpm's it runs perfect, but in low rpm's and neutral temp. alarm goes on

Can anybody help???

Comment

Overheat at Idle

If muffs are on good and pickup filters are clean. You checked water tube grommets are ok top and pump. There is a updated water pump kit part # 17400-92J00 $45.0 to $50.00 for kit + shipping. Where do you live I have in stock.

Comment

Working...
          X