how long to flush motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how long to flush motor

I have a 2006 DF200 and was wondering if I should use to plug in the back of the motor to flush it or should i get the ears that goes on the foot? Also how long should I flush the motor?

From other reports it appears that when you run the motor with the MUFFS on that you should run the motor long enough for the thermostat to open up. Some state at least 5-7 minuets with fresh water at an idle so the thermostat will open. Others may have a second opinion on how long to run the motor. I did not see a specific time stated in the Suzuki repair manual. We have run our motor a little longer, but the 5-7 minuets may depend on what motor you have? My motor has the hose hookup on the side of the motor so that is what I use when I flush the motor after exposing it to salt water.

Comment

Flush

You should not run engine on stactic flush. I use muffs on mine and run for 15 Min.

Comment

how long to flush motor

firemike154

The water connector on the side of the motor that I have " DF 90 " has the quick disconnect for a water hose on it and that is what they used prior to the time that I bought the motor. I bought the motor in South Florida and they said that they used the side hose connection for flushing. I am not sure if there is a right or wrong way as far as using the hose versus the muffs. Since I do not live in a salt water area I don't worry about the flushing anymore. I just put the muffs on the motor to run it out of the water. Last year when we got back from Louisiana with my friends boat, " 19' tracker with a 4 stroke 60 hp, we flushed the motor for about 20 minutes just to make sure the thermostat was open. The Mercury did not have the side mounted flush port.

Comment

Working...
        X