Which Anodes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Anodes?

Im replacing my four anodes on my 2007 df115. My question is that when looking them up on brownspoint there are zinc, aluminum and magnesium types. The boat is used 85% in fresh water and the other in salt. Thanks for any help fellas.

Doug
    2005 Carolina Skiff DLX 2007 Suzuki DF 115 4 Stroke

the service manual for my '06 175 calls for zinc

also besides the zincs on the outside that you can see,, on my 175 there are a number of ones around the electronics that have a cap .. for lack of better descripition looks like a bubble cap.... that should be inspected and replaced as needed.
    art

Comment

yeah those were the four I was talking about. On brownspoint the outside only come in zinc but the inside you can use aluminum. What im reading people tend to say aluminum is better than zinc. Thanks for the response artdf175.

Comment

The little round anodes in the cylinder head, part #55321-87J00 are a zinc/aluminum alloy. They are the prescribed internal anodes for your motor. The same zinc/aluminum anode is on the exterior of the unit mounted on the swivel bracket of the DF150/175, but there is no corresponding anode on your DF115. The remaining external anodes on both motors are either zinc, for use in salt or brackish water, or magnesium, for use in fresh water.
        Mike
        μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Thanks harper. Those are the anodes I ordered. Appreciate the response.

Comment

How many internal anodes on a 2014 DF150? Including the lower unit?

Comment

Not sure about the '14, but there are 5 internals on the '07 DF150, and I think that is probably true of the '14 model, too. There are no internal anodes in the lower unit.
              Mike
              μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Thanks, Harper

Comment

Thanks for the feedback!

Comment

Working...
                  X