DF225 Died after Getting on plane.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF225 Died after Getting on plane.

I have a 2009 df225 4 stroke, and it died today after getting on plane and running for about 100yds, (ran great all day untill picking up to go to the ramp)..it came off plane and took about two times for it to fire back off. Any suggestions on what this could be?? it has done it maybe twice in a year, didnt no if maybe it was just a fluke or what? thanks for any replies!

Check fuel filters and hose connections. Check battery cables are clean and tight on battery and engine.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

It sounds like a vapor lock problem that some Suzukis suffer from, mine included. It happens for me when I run to a fishing spot, drift for 15 or 20 minutes, and go to run back for another drift. If I feel it start to bog down, I quickly pull the throttle back to idle. It will usually keep running while I pump the bulb up. Once the bulb is firm again you are good to go. Suzuki has installed an electric fuel pump in the fuel line in series with the low pressure pump for some folks who are under warranty, but I am not under warranty. I am thinking about replacing the low pressure fuel pump to see if a new pump can better handle the vapor.

Comment

how many hours do you have on that motor? I will also check fuel filters, specially the high pressure filter.

Comment

Working...
        X