Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ethanol

Folks,
    I need expertise. I've read thousands of postings on ethanol and have not found the secret. I have 2007 EFI 70hp. I run my boat each week and inevitably after motoring out of my canal and throttling up, the engine spits and sputters for about 10 seconds before running normal.

I fill up 5 gallons at a time and add Quick Clean or Seafoam and an ethanol treatment- the gas sits for no more than 5 days without a start up or run.

I have a water separator and all filters are clean. Pick up filter in VST is spotless.

I have determined that the gas is gumming in the injectors- how can I prevent this or is there a way to run the engine dry without harming EFI's? Or is someone using a product that really does the job.

KK

kk don,t run your motor dry as the pumps really hate it... have you checked that your thermostat is working and engine getting up to operating temp

Comment

Yes- the engine gets to operating temp- I assume the thermo is working. The engine has 25 hours on it and it's thrown no codes.

Comment

kk You could also try some ring free it is a Yamaha product it works well but is not cheap. when you say that the engine is at op temp to you measure it with a thermometer or just feel .

Comment

Misfire

How many hours on engine. If it has 200 hrs or more you need to replace plugs because they will cause a misfire when cold or for the first throttle. If plugs are new you need to check the fuel filter inside the vapor seperator. The intake needs to be removed. I am in miami and service Suzuki's.

Comment

Working...
          X