DT25 Weird Fuel problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT25 Weird Fuel problem

I purchased a used boat with a 2000 DT25. It took me forever to start it the first time I used it. I figured out that it needs to squeeze the primer bulb many times and firmly. After running it server times now I understand it tendencies. It runs great and idles ok but after I stop to fish I need to re-prime to start. It normally starts on the first pull but will not continue to run if not primed before starting. It always needs to be primed before starting but runs great after starting. Does anybody have a clue why it won’t hold a prime?

I'd suggest that the primer bulb may be cactus - they have a valve in them that prevents fuel running backwards. If you have a spare bulb that yoiu know is good, try that.

Cheers

ML

Comment

Thanks, I will try a new primer bulb this Friday when I go fishing. It is worth trying due to ease and price but I did put a new hose with bulb and a new tank on the boat last November.

Comment

Still needs to be primed before starting. I replaced the bulb with an OEM Johnson bulb which the local Suzuki shop recommended. I also place it close to the motor. When I squeeze the bulb between running the motor it’s a slow long squeeze where it feels like you are filling something then it gets tight.

Comment

check your low pressure fuel pump diaphram for some reason it would appear that you have a air leak allowing fuel to drain back

Comment

Is there a way to check the diaphragm on the fuel pump? To repair the diaphragm would the part number be 15170-94320 and Description "DIAPHRAGM SET MODEL:96~00"?

Comment

Suzuki Marine Outboard Parts 1996 DT25C FUEL PUMP (MODEL:95~00) Diagram have a look here

Comment

Is there a way to check the diaphragm on the fuel pump?

Comment

yep remove it from motor and pump bulb see if fuel is leaking out of pulse hole there is 4 bolts but only two hold them on 2 the motor just remove the 2 ho;ding it on too the engine

Other than that dismantle and inspect for obvious failures

Comment

Working...
                  X