2003 DT225 Entire bank no spark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 DT225 Entire bank no spark

I imagine its a coil or coils. I have a hard time believing they all went bad on that side. Its there a coil under the flywheel I should pay particular attention too?

Well before throwing money into new parts, get a Suzuki service manual, and go through testing procedures for your problem. It might be a sensor limiting motor spark for a reason, usually that should throw a code, i'm guessing none. Then maybe a neutral shift position sensor/ switch, that might cut fire to one bank if it thinks it's in neutral?

Good luck.
    Last edited by Solarman; 08-18-2015, 12:28 AM.

Comment

code

I have a Seloc Manual and its OK but not all that. By code do you mean a audible beep. I don't have a code reader like on cars.
      The one side has not fired since I swapped plugs and I assume it hasn't been for awhile. I replaced gas,fuel filter, plugs and Throttle position sensor/set it correctly and still I can't get this beast of 2000RPM. I did a compression test again, 114-120 and noticed the driver side plugs were completely clean. I checked spark on both sides. One side gets it , the other not. Ohm tested the Ignition coils on both sides, both sides OHM out. Scratching my head what to do next. I brought it to the Suzuki dealer early on but they really are not interested in working on 2 cycles and wants to sell me a new 4 stroke. I cant see it with the compression where is it so I'm stuck fixing it. Not very happy with Suzuki dealer but only one in the area

Comment

the Seloc manual won't do you much good
        the full service manual is a must if you intend to work on these engines

however it seems like an electrical issue
        if it worked before you did some maintenance and now is not
        a wire connection got disturbed a blown fuse.. a ground wire
        It could be any number of things, but I would trace wiring all the way back to the ECM to start with

Comment

Read this post... http://www.suzukioutboardforum.com/s...ing-speed.html the only thing that will take out an entire bank is your main coil under the flywheel...nothing else takes out three coil packs

Comment

Are you sure you have no spark on that one side? How old is the fuel, how long has it setup? Swap the plugs you know are firing to the other side, if plugs are bad, your problem will switch sides.

You said the only thing you did that made it run bad, was replaced gas, changed fuel filter, plugs, and throttle position sensor.

Does the motor idle? Do you have a timing light? If you have the timing light flashing on both sides, you have a fuel issue. If you replaced gas, again I ask how bad was the gas?

Post back and let us know. I also asked earlier if you checked the shift position sensor, not the throttle valve sensor (TVS).

Post us back.

Comment

DT225 one bank misses

I ohm tested all the coils, primary ignition coil, secondary plug ignition coils, gear counter, stator pulsar. All Ohm fine. W
              When I start the motor Only one back get sparks 3 cylinders on one side, I swapped the coils and it stays with the wires not the coil.
              Pulled the flywheel, tested everything again. Same thing

I read on the CDI website EFI module will not let the engine go over 2000rpm if it sense the oil or water sensors are "On" and it disconnect the Brown Wire to EFI module to verify if a sensor is causing this. I not sure if it disable a bank of plugs and switches back and forth or what but that my next step.

No easy way to test the EFI module that I know of

Comment

Originally posted by baldbob View Post
                I ohm tested all the coils, primary ignition coil, secondary plug ignition coils, gear counter, stator pulsar. All Ohm fine. W
                When I start the motor Only one back get sparks 3 cylinders on one side, I swapped the coils and it stays with the wires not the coil.
                Pulled the flywheel, tested everything again. Same thing

I read on the CDI website EFI module will not let the engine go over 2000rpm if it sense the oil or water sensors are "On" and it disconnect the Brown Wire to EFI module to verify if a sensor is causing this. I not sure if it disable a bank of plugs and switches back and forth or what but that my next step.

No easy way to test the EFI module that I know of
                I know this is old but what was the outcome???

Comment

CDI Box

Originally posted by JJ6338 View Post
                  I know this is old but what was the outcome???

for information purposes it was the CDI box that was the culprit.

Comment

I have problems with a 1991 DT225 there was no sprk on one side of the bank so removed all the coils and rewired them, now there is no spark, Is there a way to test that power is getting to the coils? Does anyone have pictures of the correct wiring? Thanks Alan

Comment

Working...
                    X