low unit suzuki df 225

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• low unit suzuki df 225

I would like to know if it is normal to get a crack on the lower unit near the prop . Two years ago one lower and i brougt a new one , this year the same on the second engine after 2 months on land. The engines have 10 plus years.

Such an issue seems to be very rare, i cannot recall seeing any similar reports on this forum in recent years, nor do similar reports feature on other forums.

If it was a “known issue” we would certainly have seen many reports here, the fact is that we havent.

What conditions is it being operated in?

Some photos to show exactly what has happened would be useful.
    Last edited by Moonlighter; 12-23-2017, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Thank you for answer, At the end of january i will get pictures.

Comment

Do you live in a wintery climate?

Comment

No, the temperature here in the winter is between 8 and 17 deg. celc.
          My mecanic here tells me it is salt deposits between the end of the exhaust, of the gear case near the prop and the propeller shaft bearing housing (i am not sure if it is correct the name of this part ) than when the water inside the gear case desapear the salt goes solid and make crack on the exterior of the gear case. Every time i use the boat i put fresh water in the gear case.I had the same problema years ago with suzukis DT (2 strokes) but at that time the alum. of the gear cases was very poor and corrosion very severe it is not the case with DF`S.

Comment

Working...
          X