Nmea 2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nmea 2000

I have a boat which is fitted with Suzuki multi function gauges. These are connected to a Garmin GPS antenna via a NMEA 2000 backbone. I have a Lowrance HDS Gen3 to install. My question is can I connect the HDS to the backbone with a suitable cable and tee to be able to share the signal from the GPS antenna for the HDS navigation and the Suzuki gauges.

I have a boat which is fitted with Suzuki multi function gauges. These are connected to a Garmin GPS antenna via a NMEA 2000 backbone. I have a Lowrance HDS Gen3 to install. My question is can I connect the HDS to the backbone with a suitable cable and tee to be able to share the signal from the GPS antenna for the HDS navigation and the Suzuki gauges.
    Tags: None Also my other question is are all cables from different manufacturers interchangeable

Comment

Yes, deadset simple.

Exactly as you said, insert a extra T piece between 2 existing ones, run a NMEA2000 drop cable from T to HDS and you are done. You may have to adjust a network/data source setting in the HDS so it selects network GPS data as data source, otherwsie it will use its internal antenna (which by the way is very good.)

Yes you can use a drop cable from Garmin, Lowrance etc. all micro-c cables/plugs play together.

However, Garmin just had to be different and their black T’s are oriented in a different way so while they will plug into any other brand of T, they wont sit flat. So make sure you match the new T with what you currently have.
      Last edited by Moonlighter; 01-20-2018, 03:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X