Water Pressure Gauge on DT 150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Pressure Gauge on DT 150

where do I tie in on the engine ? Bypass hose? tell tale hose, thermostat? thanks for any help

There is a plug in the cilinder with the following number: 34876-92E00 Water Sensor Hole Plug. You should be able to find it now.
    Regards, Martin
    DF200 2007

Comment

What water pressure are you looking for? The tell-tale is a visual water pressure guage, it indicates how good the water pump is (strong - good pump; weak stream - pump needs servicing).

The water pressure guages shown in parts book are for the speedometer sending unit.

I don't think it wise to disturb the flow, but that's your call. If you have to get pressure, best location is at a thermostat, but can't interfere with water flow.

Good luck.

Comment

I think what he means is pump pressure. The pressure of water flow through the engine.

Comment

We can guess what we want but pump pressure is seen by looking to the tell tale. That doesn't mean that there is water flow thru the engine.
          Regards, Martin
          DF200 2007

Comment

Right, and a water pressure guage won't tell you if you have water flowing through the engine either, just that you have pressure at the guage? Many times pas-sages can get blocked up, and still you have a great tell-tale flow, or water pressure, but the motor still starts over heating (why the sensors were installed - to prevent overheating for other unknown reasons).
            Now, a water temperature guage might be the best way to go (reading water temps at tops of cylinders - where sensors would be located). Then you could tell when the motor warmed up, and its normal temp running range. As the newer motors and digital guages seem to include these days.

Good luck.

Comment

thanks everybody for the input..

Comment

Working...
              X