diagnostic plug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• diagnostic plug

I have just purchased a DF175 AP which replaces a 2009 DF175 can any one tell me where the plug is to plug the diagnostic cable in and what to look for (plug colour, number of pins etc). It looks totally different in the area where the plug was for the old 175 and do I need a different plug on my present cable to fit the new motor?

What gauges are you running with the new motor? If all digital, the harness will already be connected to the SDS plug and the intrface connected up behind the dash.

In an6 case, If you can find the ecu, it will likely be somewhere close by. Plug not changed from earlier model AFAIK, the same adapter cable works.

Comment

I have the Suzuki Multi Function gauge fitted. I have found a 4 pin plug at front of ECU (photos attached) but when I plug the laptop SDS cable in I get the no communication message. Do I have the right plug or could it be a software issue I am running version 7
      Connector 2.JPGconnector.JPGSDS connection.JPG

Comment

Just thought I would raise this question again due to the lack of responses last time I still have had no joy with this issue maybe other members have had this problem?

Comment

When you disconnect that plug, does your MFG data go dead? If so, seems that would be the right plug. So I would suspect a software compatability issue in that case. Just a WAG on my part, since I have an '07 model.
          Mike
          μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Correct gauges do go blank I might contact the supplier in Lithuania and see what they say thanks

Comment

Ok latest up date got onto a very helpful guy that sells these diagnostic harnesses in Lithuania and he very kindly sent me a download of SDS software version 8.0 to replace my version 7.0 and this was the problem. So I purchased a CD from him $36 delivered so that is a bargain as I can use my existing diagnostic harness. So if that is what you are after I highly recommend him. And I did have the right plug.

Comment

Thanks for the update, Bloggsy.
                Mike
                μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Hi just curious can the software be used to acces and change things in ecu or is it purely diagnostic only...
                  thanks

Comment

Unit is only for diagnostic purposes only and as it can tell you what sensors and switches have had a failure it is a very useful tool when trouble shooting problems

Comment

Working...
                    X