89 dt55

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 89 dt55

Is the main difference between the dt55 and dt65 just jet size? Is this how the factory increase h. p. Can a person just buy the main an pilots for a dt65 and increase power or is there more to it. Any advice I would be very grateful to hear.

The DT65 has larger carbs (bore) and jets, along with intake manifolds.

Comment

So to gain I would need to change the carbs an intakes. If I did this would my auto oiler be mixing correctly? The timing advance I guess would stay the same. I really want to thank you for taking the time to read and reply. I have searched for hours on end trying to answer my questions and searched part numbers come up empty handed. Thanks again.

Comment

Best thing to do is to compare the part numbers and see what's different. Sometimes it's easy to "upgrade" but most of the time it's not worth the money for a little bit performance increase. Better is to sell the engine and buy a bigger one.
        Regards, Martin
        DF200 2007

Comment

Yes increasing the motor size would be a good answer but in some parts of the rivers they're h. p. Limits of 40 h. p. Myine is actually a pu 55 which is a factory 55\35 made for a jet pump. And my motor is a very low hour motor. But you are right about just buying bigger. But would limit my fishing areas.

Comment

Good point on the oil pump, check the part numbers but the 65hp oil pump would have to be delivering more oil. I'm running a pu55 with a dt65 powerhead and PTT, send me a PM if you need any spares for an 89. Where are you located?

Comment

I'm in southeast Missouri. I might need parts then again I might just do a reed kit and be done. I wish the auto pilot could be taken off completely I don't trust it it hasn't failed but it would only take once. I will look up part numbers on the pier and see if the would b the same. And if I decide Todo something I will pm you.

Comment

I tried to pm you but it said you weren't accepting pm

Comment

Originally posted by hardwater View Post
                  I tried to pm you but it said you weren't accepting pm
                  You aren't either, BTW. I was interested in chatting privately with you on auto oilers but .. no luck.
                  ---
                  John

Comment

i cant pm here but hardwater000@yahoo.com

Comment

Message sent

Comment

Working...
                      X