Oil Light Stays on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Light Stays on

I have a 2007 Suzuki DF-175 that the oil light stays on with no audible sensor code. I have changed the oil, filter and oil sensor switch and verified that it works with an ohm meter. The light still remains on in the tachometer and the tachometer has quit working. Could this be a tachometer gauge problem, wiring problem or something else? Any suggestions appreciated.

isn't that the oil change reminder ??

Comment

Oil change reminder is a flashing oil light, not steady. Also accompanied by series of double beeps. With your accompanying tachometer problem, and assuming that your motor is not being limited to 1000 RPM and the REV-LIMIT light is also not illuminating, my guess is some sort of wiring problem, like a bad ground. Or could be a failed tach. But you could hook up a gauge to ensure that you do actually have the proper oil pressure, if you have doubts.

The sequence of events in the event of an actual low oil pressure situation is the steady oil light, automatic RPM limitation of 1000 RPM, and accompanying REV-LIMIT light. You also get a series of long, 1½ second beeps
      Mike
      μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

youre right harper. is the engine still running ok?? because if you have a real oil alarm it also goes running in safe mode. if the engine still runs normal you tach is broken

Comment

Working...
        X