Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

97 DT225 HP fuel pump not getting power.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 97 DT225 HP fuel pump not getting power.

Long story short my old motor seized due to water in fuel, it was a 95. I found a 97 for sale locally known to be good and installed it. swapped out the harness because it was all chewed up by mice I believe, since he had it sitting out in the yard. I plugged in everything back how it was previously, the motor cranks but does not start and I don't hear the fuel pump come on when you first turn the key? I checked for 12v at the pump plug and got nothing with the key on? I swapped out relays from the old motor and no joy, still not getting any juice? Checked all grounds and they seemed good and tight, batteries are a bit low but will charge them up today. I'm lost at this point as to where to look. I do have a manual and can't find it anywhere but will keep searching for it. Any help will be greatly appreciated thanks.

Make sure all wiring connections are clean and secure, you might need to do continuity tests on the wires to make sure all are good. Find the manual, to check voltages going to pump from ECM. Compare harnesses, as one harness might have different wiring connections. Or, might be missing a wire or two compared to newer harness. From 95, to 97 changes in plugs, ECM, numbers of wires needed, etc could be the issue. Are the 95 & 97 high pressure pumps identical, ECM's? Try swapping if identical? Do make sure battery is good first.

Good luck. Post back what you find out.

Comment

Yes, pumps look the same, harness seems the same as well as everything plugged in right back where it used to be. Will try swapping out pumps and go from the there. Will post back with results.

Comment

Pump is good, i gave it 12v and it worked. I swapped the ecm and efi unit over from the old motor and now eveything seems to be working, fuel pump comes on when you first turn the key for a few seconds. Now I’m not getting any fuel to the injectors, fuel rail is dry? Checked vst tank and it was gettiing fuel, tried pumping the ball but not fuel comes out of the rail?

Comment

did you try purging the air out of the fuel rail?

Comment

How do you purge out the air?

Comment

In some motors there is a filter inside hose where vst supplies fuel to HP pump. Check if one is there and if clogged? Also check pressure regulator, should have fuel through rail.

Good luck. Post back how its going when able.

Comment

Filter is clean, i checked fuel pressure coming out of the pump and the gauge read 0, it turns on because i hear it but no pressure. I guess i will have to buy a new pump and go from there.

Comment

Try the other pump, now that you have voltage to pump.
                  Are you sure you are getting fuel to vst from LP pumps? That float needle valve might be stuck from non-use, bulb won't force needle valve open.

Good luck. Post back how its going when able.

Comment

Vst is getting fuel from the LP pumps and going to HP pump and from there there is no fuel going to the HP filter nor the fuel rail.

Comment

CD749BB9-AF3B-48E5-91BA-B69F137403BB.jpeg

Comment

did you check the float valve?
                        if it is not installed correctly or out of adjustment it may not let fuel fill the vst so the pump can work

my other thought is you have an air lock
                        I believe there is s bolt/screw on the fuel rail
                        It should be at the bottom. it is used to drain fuel out of the rail
                        try opening it before you turn the key on and see if the will purge the air
                        check the float valve first
                        are you sure the LP is pump is pumping when the engine turns over

Comment

Yes, I am getting fuel in the VST. The float valve is the one inside the VST tank correct? It seems to move freely. Should I swap LP pumps from the other motor along with the HP pump as well to rule that out?

Comment

If you're getting fuel in the VST then the LP pump should be oke. Swap out the HP pump to verify that that's the culprit. To expensive to buy one if you're not sure.
                            Regards, Martin
                            DF200 2007

Comment

Back to square one on this, I am still not getting any power at the pump. I swapped out pumps and still not getting any fuel out the rail. I checked for 12v at the connection and i get nothing with the key on?

Comment

Working...
                              X