Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

97 DT225 HP fuel pump not getting power.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Previously you told us there was power to the HP pump? Did you actually measured that? Did you already found your manual? Trace back the line that should give you power
    Regards, Martin
    DF200 2007

Comment

I thought i did have power because you could hear the pump coming on for a few seconds but it wasn’t putting out any pressure? I swapped pumps yesterday and i got nothing from the other pump. I found my manual last night, i will trace back and see what the problem is. I will keep you guys posted on what i find.

Comment

did you test the pressure regulator?
        I could be wrong here but if the pressure regulator is not working correctly I would think the pump stops pumping thinking the fuel system is up to pressure
        one more thought deals with emergency stop switch at the remote
        the neutral switch both at the remote and at the shift lever
        can you test run the pump outside of the VST?

and lastly. reading the engine control system structure it appears all the input sensors need to be functioning correctly for the output to work
        so be sure to go back and test all the connections to those parts
        if something is wrong there the ECM maybe cutting off power to the fuel pump
        Art

Comment

I tested the pump outside directly to a battery and it pumped fuel
          fine. I tested the wire going to the pump and i get 13.4v when you turn the key on for about 2-3 seconds then stops? The manual says this is fine and points to a failing pump or air in the lines.

Comment

to eliminate the fuel line take the fuel hose at the high pressure pump. put in a container to collect fuel and pump enough fuel through system to be sure you get good clean fuel
            in testing the pump, it would be unusual that you ended up with two bad pumps
            like I mentioned double check the pressure regulator at the bottom of the VST
            and check the fuel rail for blockage
            there should be a bolt at the bottom end
            take an air hose and blow the rail out

Comment

Ok I will give that a try and also swap out pressure regulator from other motor to rule that out. I'm at wits end with this, it was supposed to be an easy swap plug an play and it has become a nightmare with this fuel issue.

Comment

B931F219-667D-4144-83F5-954836300B1B.png

From a 2009 DF90A service manual.

Comment

Well i installed another HP pump and she fired up but wouldn’t stay running long, i guess the injectors need to be cleaned. I aslo noticed the left bank was a lot cooler than the right side? Does that mean i have no spark on that side or a stuck t-stat?

Comment

Stratos. tell me again what year and model number
                    in looking st the parts page I am not seeing. a 97 DT225. the 225 didn’t show up for a couple more years and are “DF” models
                    It is sounding more and more that this engine needs someone to go through it completely
                    It would be really important to find the manual so you can find and check all the systems, control sensors or you are just going to keep chasing one problem after another

Comment

I believe is a 96 not 97 like a previously said. I do have the manual for my other motor which is a 95 that I recently found.

Comment

Stratos, to start with, you should be running a pre- mix until you are certain oil system is functioning properly. Serious damages can occur if running and no oil is being injected. This is a used motor, and might not have run for several years? If even that recently?

You should probably start at square one with testing compression of all cylinders, note everything. Then move to testing all sensors by the manual. I suspect the oil sensor, or water sensor, or maybe a neutral switch could interfere with firing on only one bank. Your manual even if one, or two years older, should help in testing the electrical system. I wouldn't change anything, just test each item/sensors/pickup coils/throttle valve sensor/magneto outputs/rectifier/gear counting coil/injectors/etc., by the book values. Record all values, and anything out of specs bring back to the forum to let us know what you found.

Good luck, post back when able.

Comment

I am running a pre-mix in a portable tank. From what the previous owner told me the motor hasn't been used in few years, so you're right the best thing to do is to check compression and everything else to see what I'm working with. Will post back with what I find thanks.

Comment

Well I checked a few things like compression, coils, sensors, cleaned injectors and everything checked out ok per manual. It seems to be running fine now, i will post a video here shortly.

Comment

Working...
                            X