O2 sensor problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O2 sensor problem

Owner of a 2015 (june)DF250AP, I've got a 3-6 code alarm after 17 hrs.
    The dealer replaced the 02 sensor and no more problem until 50 hrs.
    This week , one more time the same code alarm 3-6 with beeps and red pictogram displayed on the multigauge.
    Actually , my dealer is not able to give me a technical and reliable answer about this problem.I'm not sure that a new spare part will be the good solution.

I have read about some occasional issues with O2 sensors on the recent 250's and 300's. My local Suzuki guy says that Suzuki released an upgraded version that solves this problem.

Suggest you go back to your dealer talk to them about the issue and request that they follow up with Suzuki regional tech people about the upgraded sensor and have the new one installed.

Comment

Thank for the time to reply.
      I'll post back if my dealer find anything.
      Have a happy new year.

Comment

Some news about my 02sensor.
        My dealer replaced the sensor last week with a new one.
        The design of the new sensor is a little bit different ; many holes are located on the upper part.
        It seems the sensor is moisture sensitive but no really explaination from my dealer.
        I'll come back and inform you all as to the next steps after a few hours of operation.

Comment

Thanks for the update. Let us know how it goes.

I gather that these sesnors may also be affected by some silicon type sprays that some people spray their engine with. So go carefully if you use any such spray on your engine.

Comment

me too but I had lots of rust due to some unknown water leakage nearby .. I think rust was causing electrical problem with o2

Comment

O2 sensor problem

Some news about my 02sensor.
              My dealer replaced the sensor a couple of weeks for the fourth time !
              Despite the fact , he'd used a new one with a spacer , the third sensor failed about 120 hours.
              "Suzuki France" the official representative dealer finds no explaination one more time..
              The sensor and the spacer are not very clean with like carbon deposits at the end.
              I'll come back and inform you all as to the next steps after a few hours of operation.

Comment

I know this an older post, But does anyone have picture of an O2 sensor and where it's location on a DF300AP. I looked on boats.net no luck

Comment

https://photos.app.goo.gl/2s5kJntcrawjxz7R2

O2 SENSOR
                  The O2 sensor is installed on the top of the cylinder.
                  To bring the actual air/fuel mixture ratio closer to the theoretical
                  ratio, the O2 sensor detects the oxygen concentration in the
                  exhaust gas and feeds it back to the ECM, compensating
                  (increasing/decreasing) the fuel injection duration.

Comment

https://photos.app.goo.gl/YvORosRS8yZYm4tq1

O2 SENSOR
                    The O2 sensor is installed on the top of the cylinder.
                    To bring the actual air/fuel mixture ratio closer to the theoretical
                    ratio, the O2 sensor detects the oxygen concentration in the
                    exhaust gas and feeds it back to the ECM, compensating
                    (increasing/decreasing) the fuel injection duration.

Comment

Suzuki have been having this problem since day one and still have not been able to fix it. I personally never thought that they would be able to run an 02 sensor in a boat engine with port fuel injection because of the uneven load the engine is subject too.
                      For people that don't understand, 02 sensors were fitted to an engines exhaust system to monitor the air fuel ratio and keep it at stoichiometric, or 14.7 to 1 in cruise mode or closed loop. This system would work ok in a lake or a flat sea, but not when there is a big sea with wind and swell.

If you ran an engine with gasoline direct injection like the etec and optimax it would work because the injector spray's fuel at the spark plug directly into the combustion chamber with better combustion and power with an air fuel ratio 14.7 to 1 in cruise.

This is for older people, remember the day's when you used to go for a drive in the country and when you stoped and walked behind the car and seen that the exhaust pipe was nice and grey, that is because there was lead in the fuel and the air fuel ratio was around 14.7 to 1 and you used to say gee the car is running well.

Comment

Hi protis.
                        I am having same issue. have you solved issue? How? local dealer is about to change o2 sensor for the 4th time after 250 hrs. Compression test ok and now he is to check injectors . Could it be related. practically its a new engine with regular servicing etc . Appreciate your kind help.

Comment

Working...
                        X