2008 df300 install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 df300 install

I also am installing a new to me df300 on my center console. Am tired of two stroke performance. I ran the engine on the laptop and it ran fine. However it seems like I'm short a,few,pieces of the install cabling. I purchased the single engine, single station kit and a harness,the one with the brown square connectors. The kit came with the battery to harness connector with the inline fuse. I'm not seeing the trim connection or the nmea connection for the gauges. The engine is a 2008 model fairly low time. Any suggestions or guidance would be most appreciated. Ordered the maintenance manual for the wiring diagram should be here next week. Also have the Suzuki laptop interface and software.

Please read the sticky on top of the forum. That should answer almost all your questions.
    Regards, Martin
    DF200 2007

Comment

Unfortunately the manuals link on the sticky are inactive.
      thanks

Comment

Things are progressing on install, engine controls operating normally however the sims install is a bit baffling. 4" sims to engine adapter to cable adapter all seems normal. The names and grey and black wires are still a mystery. Anybody rigged these?
        thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Bajamike View Post
          Things are progressing on install, engine controls operating normally however the sims install is a bit baffling. 4" sims to engine adapter to cable adapter all seems normal. The names and grey and black wires are still a mystery. Anybody rigged these?
          thanks
          Thats a bit of a confusing post.

Can you explain in detail how you have the SMIS gauge connected to the NMEA2000 network??

Comment

Looks like I was missing the backbone power input. It's on the way hope this resolves the tach problem. Another issue that has raised is a shifter anomaly.. occasionally when shifting from foreword to neutral the command is given but the shift does not occur. On the Suzuki program it shows commanded position neutral but the lower remains in foreword gear. A very erratic problem but worrisome. Anyone seen this issue before

Comment

Originally posted by Bajamike View Post
              Looks like I was missing the backbone power input. It's on the way hope this resolves the tach problem. Another issue that has raised is a shifter anomaly.. occasionally when shifting from foreword to neutral the command is given but the shift does not occur. On the Suzuki program it shows commanded position neutral but the lower remains in foreword gear. A very erratic problem but worrisome. Anyone seen this issue before
              Cant help you on the shift issue. Hopefully someone else might be able to assist.

You had me confused with the gauges question - but now seems you are OK - as you probably know, you first need to create a simple NMEA2000 network, and then attach the C-10, the engine interface cable, and a power supply node to T pieces on the network backbone. Dont forget, once you have done the phyiscal connections and turned the network on, you MUST GO INTO THE GAUGE MENU and configure the metwork so it knows how many engines and fuel tanks it is dealing with. Usually it prompts you but sometimes not.

if you are not sure about this, please read the sticky thread on Suzuki networks near the top of the forum, it is explained in detail there, attachments to the first post are what you should read.

Comment

Thanks moonlighter for the reply! Step by step I'll get there. Should have the additional cabling shortly. I think the shift anomaly is related to a communications issue resulting in the shifter being locked in foreword gear until engine is shut down. The worry is if it doesn't get repositioned to neutral the engine won't restart. Think I'll pull the lower off next week. Want to change the water pump anyway. I'll let you know what I find. Thanks agsin
                mike

Comment

Working...
                X