2013 suzuki 250 ss overheating?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 suzuki 250 ss overheating?

Looking to find out what would be the max. temp range. at WOT. for this engine.

Check your service manual for thermostat rating. Mine is 58-62C for a 2009 DF90A.

Comment

i replaced both thermostats to 130 degrees. At WOT my temp. climbs to 160. Is this normal? Full service was just completed.

Comment

I see nothing that suggests that 160F is high. If anything, a touch low. But that may be due to water temps in your loaction.

My DF115 runs at around 74C under normal conditions, which is 165F if I am not mistaken. Water temps here on the east coast of Australia are anywhere from 15-30 degrees C.

If your engine were overheating you would get an alarm before damage is done. The Suzukis have 2 temp alarms - one is when a preset level which is too high is reached, the other is a gradient alarm, which is when temp suddenly increases although the high temp point may not have been reached.

Comment

My '14 300 runs in the 138 F range WOT in SoFlo in the summer. At 160 I have got an alarm before due to sand in the intake.

Comment

Had full serviced and the problem still remains. Could it be a sensor? Looking for a GOOD Suzuki tech in SW florida. Someday i will sell the boat but went to fix this problem now..

Comment

Suzuki 250 SS....My temp now climbs to 180+ above 5200RPM. Full service just completed. Replaced complete water pump(twice), both stats, all 7 poppets.

Comment

Sometimes if you have the wrong engine interface cable software, you can get false readings from some sensors.

Can you confirm that you are running digital gauges (eg C-10 or Suzuki SMIS ?

Comment

Great suggestion. My concern is that all temp reading were below 160 when the boat was new and several years after. I'm using SIMS single gauge.

Comment

Working...
                  X