1999 DT150S Diagnostic Code Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1999 DT150S Diagnostic Code Help

I have a 99 DT150 that is giving me a 1-5 diagnostic code. From what I can gather that is Starboard manifold Temp Sensor Code. I get the code as soon as i turn the key, the engine is still cold. When I disconnect the Starboard Temp Sensor (Or so I think it is the Starboard Temp Sensor) See photo, the code changes to a 1-4 code that is supposed to be a cylinder temp sensor. I can not locate this sensor, as the diagrams I can find don't show it very clearly. Is there a way to check these sensors to confirm they are malfunctioning. Are there steps that I should take that I am not doing. I am all ears and appreciate any assistance you may be able to provide. Thank you Travis

IMG_1045.jpg

Should try an ohm/resistance test on each sensor. The manual tells you what they should read. Then after checking ohms on each, can swap locations (pic shows similar wires, plugs?) to see if code changes to port side? If sensors read different ohms, one could be going bad, but without a manual I couldn't tell you what they should read.
    If both sensors read same ohms, you should run a vinegar flush, check temp stats. Obviously one side is overheating for a reason.

Post back what you find when able. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
    X