Getting ready to replace internal anodes on Suzuki DF140A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting ready to replace internal anodes on Suzuki DF140A

Getting ready to replace the internal anodes. Service manual says to cover the top of the bolt with Suzuki Silicone Seal 93691-80030. This stuff is about $35 for a small tube. What do you use? Is there an acceptable more economical substitute?

A while back a member had a post that detailed the “jobber” substitutions for Suzuki products. I can’t seem to find it buts it’s here somewhere.

Comment

I read the same thing in my manual, however when I removed them recently, there was none. Its a stainless bolt. I'm not really sure what the purpose of the silicone is. My anodes had 500hrs on them and were still at 75-80% complete. Maybe it to ensure the bolts dont back out and fall inside the water jacket.

Comment

Permatex, three bond, or similar

Comment

When removing the anodes for servicing I noticed mine (250 hours) were pretty snug. They have not been checked since new. The manual says to use a jack bolt to pop them off. I started to use the 10M jack bolt but felt what I thought was a lot of resistance and no movement of the cover. I stopped and reinstalled the cover bolt. This is just a precautionary check/change of the anodes inside the motor so I am waiting to hear from someone who’s done this already to get some feedback on how they removed them.

Comment

Working...
          X