Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Identifying the correct Main Ignition Harness for my DT140 ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identifying the correct Main Ignition Harness for my DT140 ??

I just bought a DT140 that appears to be a 1996 color scheme. I am pretty certain the trim unit was replaced with an older unit from a 1986.

Anyway the previous owner had spliced in Johnson / Evinrude ignition wires and I want to fix his mistakes by sourcing an 8 pin 20' suzuki main ignition harness. I have all the gauges that would work with it.

The problem I am running in to is that the ones I have found do not have the same color wires that my engine has.

I peeled back the engine side of the 8 pin connector and found these color of wires.

Orange wire
    Blue Wire with white strip
    Blue wire with Red stripe
    White wire with Red stripe
    Black wire
    and Yellow wire with Green stripe

I tried to add a couple pictures of the engine side connector but it kept asking me for a URL and I have tem on my computer.

To upload, use the most left icon on the right side of the "quick reaction" box

image_1212.png
    Be sure to reduce the size
    Last edited by Hoosmatroos; 04-10-2018, 04:05 AM.
    Regards, Martin
    DF200 2007

Comment

I kept reducing the picture size down to 2" x 1.5" at the lowest 72 resolution and it said they exceeded the size limit.

I had a friend over last night and we tried some different shorter cables (no ignition to hook up) and came to the conclusion that MAYBE any 8 pin / 8 wire cable that includes an orange wire may work.

Comment

Working...
      X