2009 df200 dies wot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 df200 dies wot

Just acquired a very clean 2009 df200 with approx 280hrs. No issues... except every now and then at wot she will die. The fuel bulb is very soft and requires pumping to get her started and going again... so apparently she is being starved for fuel at times at wot. What would cause this? A visual inspection of the fuel filter found nothing odd (from my unprofessional investigation).

Quite a few possibilities....

- Fuel lines deteriorated - internal linings can be damaged by ethanol fuel, restricting fuel flow and causing starvation at higher rpms - if you flex the fuel lines around and they are not soft and compliant, or you feel any crunchyness or internal inconsistency, replace fuel lines particularly those from tank to filter and filter to engine.
    - even though the filter looks fine, change it anyway, its a new boat to you, and you dont know how long ago it was last changed. Easy and low cost.
    - partial blockage in VST - clean it out.
    - Any warning codes when it dies at higher rpms? Any codes showing up on SDS diagnostics? Check see what you find, may give some further hints. Heard of one case some years ago where motor threw overheat codes and went into safe mode after some time at high rpm. Turned out that the impeller wasnt matched to the stainless housing, so always replace both the impeller and housing when you service the water pump.

good luck its probably something simple like that. Let us know how you go.

Comment

If the bulb is soft then you should focus on that. Can be a leak in the system. Some tanks can have a anti-syphon valve on the tank. Often this causes a lot of trouble, remove it and re-install as an open fitting
      Regards, Martin
      DF200 2007

Comment

Thanks. I'd suspect the tank anti siphon valve and fuel lines from tank to engine need a good inspection. Now that I think of it I do recall a strong gas smell in the console when I originally looked at her. The tank is all the way towards front of the boat so I suspect quite a bit of fuel line that could go bad. Thx again.

Comment

Please let us know the outcome
          Regards, Martin
          DF200 2007

Comment

Working...
          X