Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who here is running analogue gauges plus interface to MFD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2006 DF140's, Ver 2.9 to HDS12 gen3 and HDS7 gen2

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlighter View Post

Have you found the TripIntel pages yet on your GO7xse?

If not, find it and have a look, you will be seriously impressed with the trip and fuel data you find there!!
      Not yet. Boat is just out of storage and is sitting next to my house. Will drop it in the water later this week.
      Regards, Martin
      DF200 2007

Comment

Ok, can I ask Nanya, Wilbur and urbnsr to check something for me?

Behind your dash in the area where the gauges connect, or where the throttle controls are connected, do you have any spare 4 pin plugs - of the type that would suit the interface cable to be connected to? They would be the larger ones with male pins.

thanks!!
        I'll have to check next time to be sure, but I don't think so. I ran a new cable from motor to dash and added plugs.

Comment

Originally posted by Nayna32 View Post
          That would be a negative for me. The only spare plug I had was the troll mode 2 pin connector.

Originally had only the tach /monitor;

Installed the C10 - by swapping the analog to digital at the motor and the only 4 pin I had on the harness to the interface cable (no monitor functions at the tach anymore).

I wanted it all working; so in order to have both analog with monitor functions and digital to run; I had to run a cable from the the SDS connector to the interface cable, and reconnect the analog signal to the engine harness, and the 4 pin back to the monitor part of the tach.
          Just to confirm - did the analogue tach work AT ALL after the analog to digital connector swap at the motor?

Comment

Good morning;new to the forum! new to boating! I don’t want to hijack this post. Just a quick ? I bought a new boat (stingray206cc with a DF200A) going to be set up for both fresh water and inland salt water fishing. Analog gauges I believe, I did not know I had options. Boat has not been delivered yet. I will be having the dealer install a hummingbird helix 7 CHIRP DI GPS G2 in to the dash flush.
            Is there a way too link motor and electronics now?

Comment

Originally posted by Dozer723 View Post
              Good morning;new to the forum! new to boating! I don’t want to hijack this post. Just a quick ? I bought a new boat (stingray206cc with a DF200A) going to be set up for both fresh water and inland salt water fishing. Analog gauges I believe, I did not know I had options. Boat has not been delivered yet. I will be having the dealer install a hummingbird helix 7 CHIRP DI GPS G2 in to the dash flush.
              Is there a way too link motor and electronics now?
              It would be appreciated if you would start a new thread for your inquiry.

Although your question is related to this thread topic generally, responding will take that discussion in a different direction to where it is intended

I will be happy to answer your query in the new thread.
              Last edited by Moonlighter; 04-18-2018, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoosmatroos View Post
                2007 DF200. All analog gauges and interface software 2.3.0 with a Simrad GO7XSE. Have another upgradeable interface so I can test some things easy.
                Just sold my GO7 XSE and bought the GO7 XSR.

Why? I was able to sell the GO7 XSE for more then the XSR was new for me (I'm Navico dealer since November)
                Regards, Martin
                DF200 2007

Comment

If you're still accumulating data: 2013 DF115A , Faria analog tach with warning lights, Suzuki interface ver 3.5 connecting to first a Simrad NSS7, but now a Simrad GO7 XSE. All thanks to your previous posts on this subject.

Comment

Originally posted by mblanton66 View Post
                    If you're still accumulating data: 2013 DF115A , Faria analog tach with warning lights, Suzuki interface ver 3.5 connecting to first a Simrad NSS7, but now a Simrad GO7 XSE. All thanks to your previous posts on this subject.
                    Have a look at the GO7 Tripintel Page after youve done a few trips. Need to have the engine key turned on to get full data.

Each time you set out on a trip, you should get a popup message within a hundred meters or so asking if you want to start a new trip. Select Yes.

Comment

Twin 2009 DF175s over engine interface cables v2.9 to Simrad Go9 and Simrad go7, all thanks to you and your guide!

Comment

Ok, can I ask Nanya, Wilbur and urbnsr to check something for me?

Behind your dash in the area where the gauges connect, or where the throttle controls are connected, do you have any spare 4 pin plugs - of the type that would suit the interface cable to be connected to? They would be the larger ones with male pins.

thanks!!
                        Sorry so late - I have not found any spare 4pin plugs.

Comment

Thanks all.

Have all the info required now. Appreciate the replies.

Apart from anything else, this confirms that the ONLY way to have anaolgue and digital data at the same time is to connect the interface to the SDS port using an adapter cable.

We did have a member some time ago who claimed otherwise, but it transpired that he was unaware that someone else had run the connection to the SDS.

Comment

I plan to if I can figure out how after searching the forum for answers. Currently running Suzuki analog gauges with a 2017 DF150. Based on what I've read so far, I just ordered the 3.5 version interface cable and a Lowrance Elite 9 Ti. I already have a Point 1 antenna on a Nmea 2000 network so now I think I just have to add the interface cable to the network and figure out where and how to connect it under the cowling.
                            Life is short... Ride a Harley, Fish a Sea Pro

Comment

Originally posted by rick341 View Post
                              I plan to if I can figure out how after searching the forum for answers. Currently running Suzuki analog gauges with a 2017 DF150. Based on what I've read so far, I just ordered the 3.5 version interface cable and a Lowrance Elite 9 Ti. I already have a Point 1 antenna on a Nmea 2000 network so now I think I just have to add the interface cable to the network and figure out where and how to connect it under the cowling.
                              You are well on the way, and yes, a V 3.5.0 interface cable is the right one.

You will also need an SDS adapter cable - this allows the interface cable to plug into the SDS port under the cowl, its the same plug that mechanics connect their laptop to for servicing/testing. Usually found near the ecu, or fuse box. Port side in my motor and most others. Small sauare 4 pin plug that sits in a rubber holder when not being used for the mechanics laptop.

That is all you will need. Oh, plus of course a NMEA2000 drop cable and a T to connect the Lowrance to the network. The interface cable should be supplied with its own T.

I always recommend extending the length of the SdS adapter cable so it is long enough to run from the engine, thru the rigging tube and up to the boat’s console where it is then connected to the interface cable. This keeps the interface cable and associated T pieces up behind the dash where it is clean, dry and cool. Just cut it, solder in a length of suitable 3 core wire, heat shrink the joins, and you are done. (Here in Aus Suzuki sells 20ft long adapter cables for this purpose)

If you need more info please start a new thread so this one doesnt get derailed.
                              Last edited by Moonlighter; 07-30-2018, 06:53 AM.

Comment

Hello - I am inquiring about setting up both Analog and Digital. I currently have a 2008 250ss that is linked to Faria analog gauges, and additionally I have a HDS7, GPS, and Suzuki 2' gauge connected to a NMEA 2000 network (installed when the boat was purchased in 2009). Hoping to link the engine into the network, but the dealer was not able to (or maybe didn't know how) back when the boat was originally purchased in 2009. I imagine the NMEA network cables are correct versions for the 2008 engine since they were purchased back when the boat was built in 2009. I see there may be a way to have both connections using a 'adapter' cable. Could someone shed a bit more light on how I might go about this. MANY thanks in advance for helping finalize a 10-year project.

Comment

Working...
                                X