Engine Holder Exhaust Plug (Part #09248-18010) for 2007 DF175

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Holder Exhaust Plug (Part #09248-18010) for 2007 DF175

I'm aware of the exhaust plug being an issue with corrosion for my engine year and model. I have not replaced mine since most of the photos I've seen posted have black paint on the OEM plug. My OEM plug is unpainted with a bare aluminium finish. I checked Boats.net parts and they have a photo of a replacement exhaust plug that looks exactly like mine. Did Suzuki update these plugs to aluminum or are these plugs the same incompatible metal type plugs?

If I replace them, have any of you replaced it with the ****Plug that is sold on Amazon? Any recommendation on a alternative plug is greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Zuki175; 04-16-2018, 05:09 PM.

Don't believe the DF175's were affected with the engine holder issues. The engine holder issues were involved with DF90, DF115 and DF140 thru 2007 model years.

Jim

Comment

My '07 DF150, same engine as your 175, had a steel plug. I did change it out and it is now an aluminum plug. Same plug as used on the DF140. Got it from Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
      Mike
      μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Try sticking a magnet to the plug just to be sure whether it's aluminum or not.

Comment

I tried the magnet and it appears to be a aluminium plug.

Thanks for the replies.

Comment

Glad yours is aluminum. Mine was ferrous. Did the magnet check after switching it out.
            Mike
            μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Originally posted by Harper View Post
              Glad yours is aluminum. Mine was ferrous. Did the magnet check after switching it out.

Harper,

Which year and model motor do you have?

I didn't remove the plug, still the OEM plug. I placed a magnet on the center of the plug. Magnet didn't adhere so I'm assuming it's an aluminium plug. Also no signs of corrosion on any of the plugs.

I tested part #7 plug and the plug to the left of part #7 in the photo and a third plug on the starboard side rear lower corner (other two plugs not shown in diagram).

http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Su...EAD/parts.html

Part #7 11116-93J00

Comment

I think I may have checked the wrong plug. Just did some research and it appears the Engine Holder Exhaust plug on my motor is located behind a side panel. Is this the exhaust plug that needs to be replaced? I thought it was the plug (part #7) I had listed in the above post from the cylinder head.

Part # 09248-18010 is Item #22 in the diagram below for the Engine Holder Exhaust. Is that the plug that I need to check if it's ferrous?

http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Su...DER/parts.html

Comment

I couldn't wait till morning not knowing if the #22 plug in the Engine Holder Exhaust is ferrous or not. So I just tested the plug with a stronger magnet and sure enough, plug #22 and all the other three plugs in the cylinder head are ferrous. Now knowing the Engine Holder Exhaust plug is in fact ferrous, I'll replace it with a aluminum plug. Does anyone know what's the Suzuki part number for a aluminum plug or do I need to buy a aftermarket plug?

The plug was clean and rust free. The inside end of the plug had a light coating of carbon deposits but no sign of rust. So that's a relief considering I have close to 800 hours on the motor and haven't replaced the plug.

Attached Files

Comment

I think it's going to be an aftermarket item. The one in my Amazon link above, or from the same person on ebay.
                    Mike
                    μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Working...
                    X