DF115a Rev Limit Flash and beep only when put into gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF115a Rev Limit Flash and beep only when put into gear

Any help is greatly appreciated as i am in Samoa and there is no Suzuki service center that i can get to look at the engine.

I have a 2015 DF115A with about 712 hours. Owned it from new and change engine and gear oil every 100hrs and follow all other maintenance schedules.

I was having a problem with the engine not reving to its max rpm but when you turned it off and restarted it would then go back to full. Tried fuel cleaner etc, no difference but there was a slight humming noise coming from the oil filter and so i have changed the oil and filter and since then it has not had the problem. (only a few trips since but fingers crossed) - but once before we solved it, the boat captain said that when he put the engine in to gear that an alarm sounded and the rev limit light flashed. He went back to neutral and tried again and it was fine.

I hooked up the SDS and there were never any active faults. It was the first time i had hooked it up and there was one caution for over-revving and one for over-heating but as i only got the SDS when the engine was past 600 hours i have no way of knowing when that happened but i am pretty sure that it was there before the issue started happening.

Fast forward to today and the boat captain said that they boat was all fine for the first few hours but at one point after being in neutral he went to put it in forward and the alarm sounded and the rev limit light turned on. He tried revers and the same happened. After a few tries it went into gear and it was as normal.

I hooked up SDS and it is not showing any active faults or warnings and there is no increase in any caution counts. It only happens when in gear.

I at first thought it may have been a fuel/water alarm but i am under the impression that the alarm is three beeps and only happens if in neutral?

Any suggestions on what it may be would be a great help. I use the boat for running a diving center from so really need to get it sorted and am worried about sending people out. I have tried to get it to repeat it but doesn't happen every time.

Thoughts and suggestions would be great!

Working...
X