SMIS update problem DF300AP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMIS update problem DF300AP

Hey guys I had a guage go out and replaced it with a new one.

I now get the 9-4 9-5 error code. New guage is 2.6 old gauges were 2.5

I purchased a gateway and updated all the gauges to 2.6 because 2.5 was not available

Now all of the gauges are having that error instead of just the one. It is my understanding that this is caused by the engine cable interface needing an update but I can't for the life of me figure that upgrade process out. The only update that works is 2.6 SMIS gauges the other update files don't update anything.

Engines are 30002P-210XXX series so I don't know if they are 12 or 13. Website says don't use the new update unless they are above 12

Also having an intermittent 3-6 error code. Read on a few forums that they have an extender available to fix the fouling. Can't find that part on any of the websites would like to find out if they make that part or if I'm just supposed to change out the O2's and that would fix the issue. Engines have 430 hours on them.

I have been thinking about going to the new gauges but I'm not sure if they will fit in my existing holes and I'm kinda heavily invested in these SMIS gauges
    Attached Files
    Last edited by leadUSF; 02-08-2016, 08:22 AM.

Regarding the SMIS displays, the problem you have is most likely due to compatibility issues. I will explain:

There are 3 things that need to be set up collectively to work properly. They all start with the engine year and are:

1. The engine year
    2. The interface cable software
    3. The SMIS display software

For a pre-2013 engine, the following versions are recommended by Suzuki:

Interface software V 2.9.0
    SMIS software V 2.6.0 for the 4" display and V 2.2.0 for the 2" display

You can download these from the link below. Once the file is downloaded and unzipped, select the relevant .luf file and copy it to an SD card and upload via a Lowrance or Simrad unit attached to your network. Or, you can use the HDs emulator as you mentioned you have done this previously. If you have more than one SMIs display it is best to update one at a time and to disconnect all others from the network while you do it.

Because of the doubts of which year your engine is, if these versions do not work, try the versions for 2013 and kater - the correct combinations are listed at this link as well and can be downloaded - just keep them all aligned to the recommendations as stated in this link.

http://www.lowrance.com/Suzuki

Before you invest in the new dolour displays, check that they will be compatible with your engine and interface cable too. Mike at International Marine or Outboard Specialties are very experienc with those new colour displays and will be able to set ypu right. I believe that they will fit in the existing holes - the specs will confirm that for you if you check.

Regarding the O2 sensors, i have seen quite a few discussions about this, but they have only mentioned replacing the O2 sensor, no mention has been made about just adding the spacer - the impression I had was that it is a new sensor altogether. Best to contact a dealer direct to check.
    Last edited by Moonlighter; 02-08-2016, 07:30 PM.

Comment

You need to reload 2.5 into all SMIS again. Your fault-codes is for "key-less start" and Your 2012-13 engines and Interface has not that programmed.
      SAme happend to me on a DF100A 2014.

Comment

yeah i didn't know how to update the engine interface cable and the lowrance update site didn't have version 2.5 but it looks like this forum might have it in a dropbox?

i tried reaching out to mike but i left him a voice mail and an email around two weeks ago i'm not sure how busy he is, but i assume very.

i don't know how to determine the engine year (suzuki doesnt have a way for me to see that anymore) the boat is a beginning of the year 13. so i don't know if the engines are 12's or not.

thanks for the reply guys i very much appreciate it

Comment

Originally posted by leadUSF View Post
          yeah i didn't know how to update the engine interface cable and the lowrance update site didn't have version 2.5 but it looks like this forum might have it in a dropbox?

i tried reaching out to mike but i left him a voice mail and an email around two weeks ago i'm not sure how busy he is, but i assume very.

i don't know how to determine the engine year (suzuki doesnt have a way for me to see that anymore) the boat is a beginning of the year 13. so i don't know if the engines are 12's or not.

thanks for the reply guys i very much appreciate it
          The V2.5.0 software on the forum resource thread is for the interface, not the SMIS display. I will have a look to see if I can find V2.5 for the SMIS displays, but......

In my previous post I pointed you to the Lowrance link where they (in conjunction with Suzuki) list the recommended versions for engines and SMIS displays.

I'd suggest that you have a real think about trying the recommended combinations of interface and SMIS software as detailed on that link. Quite easy to do since you have the gateway and have done updates previously.

Worst case = it doesnt work and you have to try a different version. Best case = it sorts out the problem and you can go fishing! You will know immediately if it is right: error messages will not appear, and fuel flow data will be on the money ( a rediculous fuel flow result will tell you that the interface version is wrong)

Re the MY of your motor, you should be able to find a small silver disc on the engine (under the cowl, on the block) with the actual build date stamped on it. Now generally, as a very rough guide, a build date of October or later points to the MY being the folowing calendar year - ie build date Oct 12 = MY 13.

Comment

I had a look on my PC and found a copy of the SMIS software V2.5.0.

If you need it, send me a PM with your email address and I will send it to you.

Cheers

Grant

Comment

Hi Grant, we have the same issue with our DF300HP. We have just purchased NEW SMIS gauges with the new software installed and we need the 2.5 software reinstalled as we are getting this "KEYLESS FAULT" CODE. We don't have anything SIMRAD LOWRANCE GPS units linked into anything. Its a simply twin installation with only gauges. How do we put the 2.5 back on?? I have heard we have to send the gauges back to Suzuki for them to reinstall the 2.5. Hope this makes sense. thanks

Comment

Originally posted by winb377 View Post
                Hi Grant, we have the same issue with our DF300HP. We have just purchased NEW SMIS gauges with the new software installed and we need the 2.5 software reinstalled as we are getting this "KEYLESS FAULT" CODE. We don't have anything SIMRAD LOWRANCE GPS units linked into anything. Its a simply twin installation with only gauges. How do we put the 2.5 back on?? I have heard we have to send the gauges back to Suzuki for them to reinstall the 2.5. Hope this makes sense. thanks
                You can update the softwaee on the SMIS displays by using a Navico MFD on the network, or by connecting a laptop with the free HDS emulator software on it (thats how dealers do it). But it requires a special cable to attach the laptop to the network $$

So your choices are

1. to get hold of a HDS and its power cable and temporarily attach it to the network and do the update that way, or

2. get the boat to a dealer so they can do it, or send the gauges back to a dealer so they can do it. Expect a charge for theor service.

If anyone wants a copy of SMIS V2.5 send me a pm and include your home email address.

Edit: see next post for links to V 2.5.0 update for SMIS displays.
                Last edited by Moonlighter; 02-18-2016, 05:11 AM.

Comment

OK guys, I have uploaded the SMIS updates versions 2.5.0 and 2.6.0 to the dropbox folder, you can get the link from the first post in the Suzuki SMIS sticky thread at the top of the forum home page.

http://www.suzukioutboardforum.com/s...-networks.html

I've also added the latest Suzuki engine interface software V 3.5.0 there as well.

But I hasten to add:
                  If your network and fuel flow results are working fine now, DO NOT change anything or install any updates!!! As you can see from this thread, the interface and SMIS software versions all have to be lined up correctly in order for them to play "nice".

So if ever there was a situation where the old rule of "if its not broke, don't fix it" applies, this is it!!

Comment

Hi Moonlighter, I have been following your words of wisdom for the last three years I have a 2005 DF115, NMEA 2000 setup, engine interface v2.3 (purchased off Browns Point two years ago when I read they would no longer be available) Made my own reverse adapter with parts from Eastern Beaver. Hooked this up to my new Garmin Echomap plus. Garmin recognizes and gives engine hours. Now I need to program my Cable. I do have friends with Lowrance head units but before I start trying to line up I am hoping you can let me know what the chances are that this will work? I thought about replacing my tach with a 4" SMIS but am not sure if I can get the old 2.5 v software required. Browns point told me they could program their Part No: 990C0-88165 to 2.5V for 40 bucks $321 total plus shipping Canadian exchange etc. What are your thoughts. I just would like to get this cable talking to my Garmin.

Comment

Originally posted by Redbugs View Post
                      Hi Moonlighter, I have been following your words of wisdom for the last three years I have a 2005 DF115, NMEA 2000 setup, engine interface v2.3 (purchased off Browns Point two years ago when I read they would no longer be available) Made my own reverse adapter with parts from Eastern Beaver. Hooked this up to my new Garmin Echomap plus. Garmin recognizes and gives engine hours. Now I need to program my Cable. I do have friends with Lowrance head units but before I start trying to line up I am hoping you can let me know what the chances are that this will work? I thought about replacing my tach with a 4" SMIS but am not sure if I can get the old 2.5 v software required. Browns point told me they could program their Part No: 990C0-88165 to 2.5V for 40 bucks $321 total plus shipping Canadian exchange etc. What are your thoughts. I just would like to get this cable talking to my Garmin.
                      Replied to your identical PM.

I see no reason why this should not work.

The V 2.5.0 SMIS software is available at the link in my sticky thread at the top of this forum. However, you need a Lowrance HDS or similar head unit to upload the software, so if you get the Brownspoint one, have them do it for you.
                      Last edited by Moonlighter; 04-18-2018, 09:25 PM. Reason: spelling bad, as usual....

Comment

Thanks Grant, I downloaded a couple of files in case I need in the future. I will wait for some more snow to melt and give it a go.
                        Thanks for all you do!

Comment

I just 7/2/2018) got off the phone with Brown's Point. Asked if the 2.9 or 3.5 version interface cables are reprogramable to version 2,7, 2.5 or 2.3. Was planning to ask him to do it for me. He laughed and told me NO. Said that Suzuki had made them more reliable but they are no longer reprogramable.

Went on to say if he could get those older parts he could sell hundreds of them. Marine International says they bought up all they could find a few years ago and have sold them all.

Comment

Working...
                          X