Suzuki DF115A Motor not peeing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki DF115A Motor not peeing

Motor is not peeing and I followed hose up to the motor. I removed the hose and ran a weed eater line into fittin about 3 feet. I hooked hose back up and started motor, It started peeing like the 1st day i ran it. I cut it off got a large trash can filling it up with water and 1/3 of gallon of simple green and started motor again.the stream started to just drip a little. I removed it from can and place muffs back on motor and started again and only a drip or 2 came out. The hole beside the pee hole has a lot of air pressure is coming out. I put my boat back in water and ran up and down channel and never saw it pee and the over heat light never came on. Does anyone have and ideas I should try next. I put a new water pump impeller on last year and it looks great and also I ride in ocean water all the time. I flush it out after each uses and dry storage when not using.

You might have to remove the end plastic fitting, being careful not to break it, and let it run for a bit with it off, you probably have something stuck in the hose, you clear it, run the motor again and it blocks the hole again.

Comment

Run something like a twist tie or weedeater line in through the pee hole. Usually it's plugged with sand or something, there isn't much pressure there so if something has it plugged it doesn't usually blow out. Note that on muffs they often just dribble as muffs usually allow air in at same time so you don't get full pump pressure but it should pee when in the lake

Comment

Use the small round muffs, they really are the best ones to use by far. Plenty of water pressure.

You can also try pushing the weedeater line in when the engine is running, not too far though, and the water pressure will help to wash the obstruction out.

Comment

I have a similar problem but without any blockage. My question is how/where does water flow to the tell tale? By putting a garden hose directly on the pump outlet tube I can force water thru the pee hole.
          But it wont work with what is now a new impeller. The inlet screen is clear, this is baffling.

Comment

I shall pass on an apparent solution for me I discovered yesterday. I too became obsessed with the blockage theory and tried the various good ideas aimed at solving the pee problem in the forum.
            I have DF140 2014, I was faked out along the way by my own attempts to understand why. Bottom line: check the external water hose running from a junction fitting off the block to the crank case up front for a
            pinched line due to interference between starboard cowling and engine frame. That line on my motor dropped down slightly , probably during maintenance, and became pinched and eventually developed a hole
            causing little to no flow going to the tell-tale. This might be a one off incident, but that line is now secured in several areas and carefully watched when I reinstall the cowl.

Comment

Working...
            X