2005 DF70 Suzuki won't start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 DF70 Suzuki won't start

My 2005 DF70 won't start. These are some of the things I've checked. Fire to the plugs is good , fuel to the injector rail is good. I have power to one wire on the injectors but no power to the other wire. No power to that wire while key is on or turning the engine over. I was thinking the crank sensor could be bad hopefully and not the ecm. Any help would be appreciated.

From 2009 Df90A service manual, Failure symptom: “Without the CKP sensor signal input, the ECM does not output the ignition and fuel injection signals” My take on the quote is that you would not be able to turn the engine over and have no fuel to the injectors. Not sure if the fuel pump would power up supplying fuel to the fuel rail but the injectors sould not inject fuel to the cylinders.

Comment

Thanks Murray. I have power to the fuel pump when I turn the key on. It runs for for 4-5 seconds and shuts orr. I'm sure hoping its the sensor. Will find out as soon as it gets delivered.

Comment

Sounds like a fuel issue, the engine is getting enough fuel to start but not enough to keep it running. You have fuel to the fuel rail. What is the fuel pressure? When was the last time anyone worked on the fuel delivery system? What is the maintenance history of the engine? If your CKP sensor is faulty then I wouldn’t think the fuel pump would have power.

Comment

The engine won't run at all. Has spark at the plugs. Vst is clean,filters are new,fuel hoses are new, primary fuel pump is new, Iac valve is new. Checked all the fuses I knew to check unless one is hidden somewhere that I don't see.I took the fuel rail off and with the injectors exposed turned the engine over. I'm not getting any fuel at all out of the injectors. One of the wires on the injectors stays hot with the key on but the other wire don't show any voltage at al when i'm turning the engine over. I'm getting fuel up to the injector rail but whatever is supposed to trigger the other wire on the injectors is not doing it.

Comment

E8C4B6F8-DC43-4950-9D03-F2A1AFBA57C8.png

My service manual shows 3 fuses in the High Pressure Fuel Pump Control System, 30 Amp, 15 Amp and a 40 Amp. A faulty CKP sensor should give you a 4-2 warning code. I’ll attach a screen shot of chert that might help ypu with your issues. Can’t help you with the power on the one wire, the manual again goes into a elaborate test procedure using a special tool(injector test cord) My service manual has quite a section on the fuel system, lots of test procedures. If you don’t have a service manual I’d suggest you get one especially electrical issues involving the fuel system. Sorry I can’t be more help.
            At my end the chart appears blurry, PM me your email and I’ll try that route.
            Last edited by Murray; 05-13-2018, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bcribb View Post
              My 2005 DF70 won't start. These are some of the things I've checked. Fire to the plugs is good , fuel to the injector rail is good. I have power to one wire on the injectors but no power to the other wire. No power to that wire while key is on or turning the engine over. I was thinking the crank sensor could be bad hopefully and not the ecm. Any help would be appreciated.
              '''''''''''''''''''''If you have spark the crank sensor is working, if you checked the injector with the plug disconnected you will only have battery voltage on the gray wire on the plug. You need to connect a low powered test light to battery positive and while cranking the engine touch the other wire on the connector with the test light probe, and if the output driver in the ecu is connecting a ground on the transistor the test light will flicker on and off while the engine is cranking. If you tested the injector while it was connected you should have battery voltage on both sides of the plug with the key on.

Comment

Thanks i'll double check the injector wires like you said and get back with a response. I just hope its not the computer. It was replaced last year and still not sure what happened to cause that to go bad.Thanks for your help.
                Barry

Comment

Originally posted by Bcribb View Post
                  Thanks i'll double check the injector wires like you said and get back with a response. I just hope its not the computer. It was replaced last year and still not sure what happened to cause that to go bad.Thanks for your help.
                  Barry
                  '''''''''''When you check the injector with it connected, connect the test light to ground and probe both wires with the key on the test light should light.

Comment

Did you solve your problem? I am having the same problem and found this forum.

Comment

The needle and seat in the vst tank were completely stuck with varnish. The engine was not getting fuel. I thought it was a spark issue but I double checked my plugs and injectors and had spark and power to the injectors. What kind of problem do you have and what have you checked. I’ve learned a lot in the past few years and my trouble shooting skills are getting better. Be happy to help if i can

Comment

Thanks for the reply!
                        I have checked the air intake, spark. I drained the fuel from the injection rail and didn't hear the fuel pump when I turned the switch on.
                        So I'm thinking the fuel pump now, or was hoping for a fuse, but I cant find a blown fuse. Do you know if there is a fuel pump fuse?

I also called a local Suzuki dealer and they said it would be three weeks before they could look at it.

Comment

Someone needs to be near the fuel pump when you turn on the key to hear it come on because the fuel pump only gets power for about 30 seconds. You can unplug the fuel pump and hook a meter or test light to the plug. Turn the key on to see if you have power at the plug. If you do the fuel pump could be bad. If the pump comes on and youre not getting fuel from the vst tank return the needla valve could be stuck.

Comment

Working...
                          X