Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have any experience removing DF150/DF175 tilt/trim?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have any experience removing DF150/DF175 tilt/trim?

The top pin came out easy. Trying to figure out the bottom pin. Bolts came out
    and I'm trying to figure out how to proceed. The unit took salt water through
    the trims and needs to be rebuilt.

Thanks in advance,
    JP

Looks to me like the whole bracket needs to be removed. Next question: can the pump be removed without removing the whole assembly.

I believe if I drill a hole in the side of the bracket, I can get an Allen wrench to remove the pump.

Comment

I can only suggest getting the service manual
      there is about 25 pages on subject

Comment

Was able to get the pump out by drilling 2 holes on the side of the bracket.

Comment

Did you make a picture for future reference?
          Regards, Martin
          DF200 2007

Comment

Basically, you have to line it and make some measurements. I drilled the right hole about an 1/8" to low. You can see where I enlarged it upward.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Sushiseeker; 05-21-2018, 11:21 AM. Reason: bracket1

Comment

There are 3 bolts. 1 can be accessed from the valve hole to the left (after you get the top pin on the tilt ram off and you can move the whole assembly a bit).
              The other 2 make measurement and drill. The one the left can be approximate since the bolt head is about 3-4" in. The bolt on the right is much closer.
              Attached Files

Comment

Something else interesting. It appears to me the tilt/trim unit on the DF140/150/175 is identical the older Yamaha F115/150. In fact, it looks like some of parts are only available as yamaha (boats.net), for example the little ball valve assembly between the pump and the rams.

Comment

Yes, that is a good possibility. There are only a few manufacturers that make the trim/tilt units for all brands. Showa makes the most of them

https://www.showa1.com/en/product/bo...tilt_trim.html
                  Regards, Martin
                  DF200 2007

Comment

Working...
                  X