additional information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• additional information

The fuel information is for a 1982 115 HP ..I need to know fuel pressure and amount of flow to convert to a electric fuel pump.
    Last edited by Bill Schultz; 06-11-2018, 02:02 AM. Reason: additiional information

Bill
    you can add to your original post or edit it
    no need to start a new post
    somebody should know about the older 2 strokes

Comment

If I Prove fuel pump is in trouble. A new pump is $100.00+. I can get top of the line 12 volt pump for $60.00. Hit the button I should not have to pump up bulb. I like to experiment. That's why I need I need pressure and WOT usage.

Last edited by Bill Schultz; 06-12-2018, 11:24 PM.

Comment

So it sounds like you have a dt115 motor made in 1982.
        why are you looking at going to electric fuel pump? This motor is not EFI model? Has carbs, right?

post back

Comment

If I prove The fuel pump is in trouble a new pump is $100.00+. I can get a top of the line 12 volt fuel pump for$60.00. Hit the switch I should not have to pump the bulb . I like to experiment. That's why i need pressure WOT usage. It does have carbs.

Comment

If you use an electric fuel pump, it needs to have safety shut offs, also variable flow rates related to back-pressure. The needle valves in carbs will limit fuel flow to the proper level for operation during all speeds, but if idling fuel flow is at lowest, so fuel pump must slow down, and stop pumping from back-pressure. (There is not an amount of fuel flow, or pressure listed, unless it is in the specific suzuki service manual for your motor, we would not know those numbers).

Another thing, if mechanical pump has damaged diaphragms (if reason it is not pumping fuel), rebuild kits should be available for $20-$30. And if you bypass pump with bad diaphrams, you may still have vacuum and compression leak unless you seal back of pump at crankcase. Also, do not connect electric pump to go through existing mechanical pump, otherwise electric pump may continue pumping fuel into crankcase, if bad diaphrams (not good).

Good luck, post back if need.

Comment

Thanks. You brought up some interesting suggestions. I'll have to do some research.

Comment

Working...
              X