This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2016 DF50 on my Ockelbo B16 (1969).
    Don't do so much fishing, so no pictures on any dead fish.

59°25'13.5"N 18°58'16.4"E
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ulltieri View Post
      2016 DF50 on my Ockelbo B16 (1969).
      Don't do so much fishing, so no pictures on any dead fish.

59°25'13.5"N 18°58'16.4"E
      Very neat boat! Congratulations!

No photos = you didnt catch any fish! We need to see the evidence!

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlighter View Post
        Very neat boat! Congratulations!

No photos = you didnt catch any fish! We need to see the evidence!
        The reason that I don't get any time to do any fishing is sitting in my boat
        Attached Files

Comment

2320 Parker

I am new to this forum. I just bought a new 2015 250 Suzuki. I love her!!! Great motor. Great price.
          Attached Files

Comment

Marty
            Welcome. I have found this forum to be great, even with my engine under warranty, there are some smart guys who have helped when I wanted to look into issues before heading to the dealer. Also what part of LI I'm in Babylon area with My Suk.
            John
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by twolanzyk
              I am a new member to the forum and hope to get some information to better understand some of the numerous problems that I am having with my DF300APW. I took delivery of the boat in Feb. 2016 and love both the boat and the engine when it's running. The engine problems started before the boat was delivered and continue to date. Does anyone have any idea why Suzuki eliminated the provision of installing a water pressure sensor? This boat has a "porta bracket" jack plate and was designed to run shallow. It would sure be nice to be able to determine when a potential problem might be developing with sufficient cooling water before the engine overheats. The engine suffers from numerous other problems including: Intermittent engine codes, failure to charge both batteries, evaporative canister purge staining the motor leg, losing power (dropping a cylinder??) with all engine parameters in normal operating range (corrected by stopping engine and restarting), error codes resulting in engine entering "limp home" mode and stalling (generally corrected by re-starting engine. I don't dare take the boat any further than I can return on my trolling motor! Suzuki has been through the boat and has confirmed that the wiring is correct. The software was updated to the latest level last week and the performance has been worse than ever since. I realize that these are intermittent problems and as such are difficult to fix but my patience is wearing thin! I'm thinking that there might be a Yamaha 300 in my future.
              This is the wrong area to post about an issue. Please start a new thread in the main forum section.

Comment

Fishing with her

Hi all
                Get this out of the way first, I love my wife, beats me at fishing any day of the week, and she Loves fishing.
                After having a great Saturday fishing the inside bays, 12 nice summer flounder. Came in before thunderstorms around 6PM SHE asked "what time do you want to go out tomorrow" Let get out early I want to hit some offshore wrecks and reefs before the wind kicks up. "OK" was the response. I"M READY AT 5:30AM She walking around in her bathrobe looking at the Sunday sale papers, So we get out there at 11 AM she looks at the ocean it's nice lets go offshore, get to a reef 8 miles out picked up some tasty black sea bass we run 14 or so miles to wreck nice keeper flounder. Around 5 call it a day. Winds around 25 knots, ocean looks like victory at sea, I tell her sit in the stern it may be a little rough getting back in. I try to hit as many waves as I can, wind blowing spray over me, turn around to look at her, she's soaked, 14 miles water washing the deck, make the turn into the inlet, she looks like a wet cat and not very happy. I say may be we should have gotten out a little early. Till next time

Comment

John, you remind me of Maxwell Smart.....

"Living dangerously, and LOVING IT!"

Good luck I think you"ll need it!!

Comment

John.. that is a great story..

It falls under the category of something like: don't be late.. I tell people we are leaving my driveway at 4:00 AM, DON'T BE LATE! You can be early, but don't be late.

Now if you can get your wife to go a second time..

Thanks for your contribution..
                    Art

Comment

2014 DF175TL on a 1996 Shallow Sport

Here's Mine
                      Attached Files

Comment

New 237 Cobia with df 300hp

So after a lot of research and miles of boat show walking my wife and I decided to order a Cobia 237. Cobia has a exclusive deal to only use Yamaha engines on all the boats they sell. But they allow you to buy a Cobia hull and repower it yourself, so thats what we did. I had owned a df70,df115,and a df140hp on my last three boats so I wasn't ready to try a grey motor. I had a Suzuki dealer pick up the boat from the Cobia factory and rig it at their facility. It not only look s awesome but performs flawlessly with the Atlas jack plate. Ive owned it 11 months now and many fish have died in the 237 fishbox. Living in Florida it is easy to slay hundreds of pounds of fish every day.

Comment

Real nice fish, Nice boat, how many times have you forgot to shut off that quiet engine. Good luck

Comment

Austin's Camera 051 copy.jpg

Hello,

Here's my rig - 1976 SeaCraft SF20 with a 2002 Suzuki DF140
                            14 years of good service from the motor with only minor issues.
                            I use the boat in South Carolina - Lake Murray and on the coast near Beaufort.

Comment

Originally posted by norrisga View Post
                              [ATTACH]684[/ATTACH]

Hello,

Here's my rig - 1976 SeaCraft SF20 with a 2002 Suzuki DF140
                              14 years of good service from the motor with only minor issues.
                              I use the boat in South Carolina - Lake Murray and on the coast near Beaufort.
                              Nice rig!

Looks like a great setup for fishing.

Comment

New member here. Here's my latest acquisition, 96 sea Cat with twin 2003 DF140s. Love the boat and aside from a couple issues with the motors, love them too!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X