Simrad / NMEA2000 / 2 x Suzuki DF 300s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simrad / NMEA2000 / 2 x Suzuki DF 300s

Folks I am seeing strange behaviour on my SIMRAD gauges when running with the twin 2007 Suzuki engines.

I have the instrument panel set up to show RPMs on both engines when the RPM will drop off to --- on the gauges. See Figure 1.

Suzuki Missing RPM.jpg

I had previously used AUTODETECT sources to fix the problem albeit sometimes I had to do it twice. Finally I went through and tried to set the device directly rather than auto detect and discovered that the Simrad Gauge was detecting a 2nd instance of the Suzuki motor.

Invalid Instance of the Suzuki Engine.jpg

Of course as soon as I select the original Starboard Engine the RPM works again. Eventually this engine with very similar instance appears again and I have to redo the process. If I miss it of course all the fuel consumption/engine statistics for the starboard engine are NOT recorded to the Simrad.

Given the actual Suzuki Gauges are reading correctly I am assuming that the issue is with the connection or software version of the Starboard Suzuki Engine Interface cable. Both engine cables are currently running version 2.6.0 (M21454).

Any suggestions as to what could cause this second instance?

Sincerely
    Tony

Attached Files
    Starts
    06-12-2018
    Ends
    06-12-2018

Try going into data sources on the Suzuki gauges and if you can, delete the second (false) instance of the starboard motor.

Comment

Moonlighter - I had it occur yesterday and SEARCHED BUS DEVICES for multiple instances of a Starboard ENG INTERFACE but only saw the one. I did do an UNCONFIGURE and went through the process of setting it up again. The SIMRAD showed the two interfaces the entire time even after the UNCONFIGURE/CONFIGURE. I am assuming the "ghost" interface is coming from the Engine Interface cable/connectors etc. given it is NOT on the gauges. I disconnected that interface blew air in the connectors etc. - did not see any corrosion and will wait and see if it appears again this weekend. ... Tony

Comment

Working...
      X