X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF200 AP fuel consumption

Hi
    on my 2017 DF200 AP I check the fuel consumption
    the gauges are 2 square Suzuki display (not C10)
    The fuel tank capacity is 186 liters

When
    I refilled my tank with 126 litres .
    The difference between the consumption display and volume added is 7 liters

So the difference is about 5.50%

What do you thing about ?

can I calibrate it ? if yes , How ?

Or should I leave it like this ?

Tks

You can not calibrate. The new OEM Suzuki gauges do not pemit it.

More than likely the difference was due to the tank not being filled to the same level as previously, due to boat sitting at a different angle. Try to fill up at the same pump next time, the difference should be less.
    Last edited by Moonlighter; 06-17-2018, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Moonlighter
      so does it mean that is not so accurate ?

first I filled it until a very slight over flow..
      then after 126 liters consumption I re rilled it until more or less a very slight over flow , if there is a difference it shoud be less than 1 liters

Comment

What does your Suzuki dealer say?

Comment

I contact him by email ..
          No anwser until now

Comment

called him 3 times ... nothing
            He doesn't answer , because for sure he doesn't know .....

Comment

We have a 2015 DF200AP with the same gauges and the same issue. Over time I have noticed the difference is consistent between fill-ups so like deviation on a compass card I simply add the difference to what the SMS gauge shows and I am able to guess the gallons added to within .2 gallons! In other words when I pull up to the gas dock and SMS shows the engine used 28.7 gallons since the last fill-up I mentally add 1.3 gallons (the consistent difference) and am still amazed when the pump clicks off @ 30 gallons. It is very consistent so I make a note to mentally add 1.3 gallons to whatever the SMS fuel used indicates to calculate how much fuel I have left in our 48 gallon tank. I hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks tnadeau ,your way to do is not a the solution but it is a solution.....
                I get contact with Suzuki marine ...they told me to contact my Suzuki Dealer ..
                This is what I did but my dealer doesn't know anything !!
                So we're still at the 0 point

Comment

Originally posted by tnadeau View Post
                  We have a 2015 DF200AP with the same gauges and the same issue. Over time I have noticed the difference is consistent between fill-ups so like deviation on a compass card I simply add the difference to what the SMS gauge shows and I am able to guess the gallons added to within .2 gallons! In other words when I pull up to the gas dock and SMS shows the engine used 28.7 gallons since the last fill-up I mentally add 1.3 gallons (the consistent difference) and am still amazed when the pump clicks off @ 30 gallons. It is very consistent so I make a note to mentally add 1.3 gallons to whatever the SMS fuel used indicates to calculate how much fuel I have left in our 48 gallon tank. I hope this helps.
                  FYI, You do not have the same gauges as the OP.

The OP lives in Europe and they now use a OEM Suzuki in+house made colour gauge.

This Suzuki made gauge is not at all the same as the Suzuki SMIS gauges, either the original B&W models or the newer C-10. The Eu gauge connects directly to the engine harness and does not use an interface cable. It operated quite differently to the C10 and cannot be calibrated the way you described.

You may not be aware that the SMIs and C-10 gauges are simply rebadged Lowrance LMF400 and Simrad IS-35 gauges respectively. With tweaked software for Suzuki.

The colour gauges used in all countries EXCEPT THE USA are made by Suzuki. The USA is the only country that Suzuki supplies the rebadged Simrad IS35 as their colour gauge.
                  Last edited by Moonlighter; 07-08-2018, 05:08 AM.

Comment

The other possible factor is fuel evaporation.

If the tank is left with only a small amount of fuel, evaporation can cause significant loss over time - a tank left half full for 4 weeks can lose 5% fuel volume easily. This can be affected by temperature and is worse in hot weather. I have e perienced this myself, after not using my boat for 3 months while my house was being renovated, I lost 15% of the fuel remaining in the tank.

A tank left full will lose far less to evaporation. Almost zero loss.

So for accurate results, best to refill tank immediately on your return from a boating trip.
                    Last edited by Moonlighter; 07-08-2018, 05:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X