2018 250 starving for fuel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 250 starving for fuel

I'm having an issue with my new motor. Have about 10 hours on new motor. When trying to get up on plane motor struggles. If I trim motor all the way down it will get on plane. But then once boat gets up some speed motor bogs down like I let off. Anyone else have similar issue. No lights or codes thrown. Also tried a secondary fuel tank to make sure its not fuel issue on boat

it seems that more setup need to be done .. 1st, you need to provide more info so other people can have provide you with the bet answer ..
    what is boat length, model? outboard HP? propeller make and model/size?

taking off with your outboards trimmed in all the way in is the correct way to drive a boat .. once on plane ,, start trimming to get to the optimum performance and comfort .. If the motor bogs down (meaning RPM wont get near the recommended RPM, then i suspect that you have too much of a pitch propeller.

(it is very important that your outboard height is correct in the first place, then you should put on the correct propeller for the way and load you drive your boat) ..

you are at the 20hrs only .. dealer should do that from day one at sea trial :-\

Comment

You didn’t mention that you checked the fuel bulb. Same thing happened to me. Bulb was only 2 years old. It would fail on higher demand. Sign of a failing bulb is that it doesn’t firm up no matter how much you squeeze it.

Comment

Completely bypassed the bulb. Ran line direct to tank. Boat model has nothing to do with motor starving for fuel. It is a fuel issue within the motor. Dealer has boat now and trying to figure out the issue. Its been a week so far lets see what happens

Comment

Working...
        X